Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Unable to connect to xbox live via td link td-9980 router

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kubazse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all,

I just got a new router as my old thomson was no longer allowing me to get a open nat on xbox one. it's a td link td-w9980 and I just cannot connect to xbox live with it, it says it cannot find the ip address, I am stumped as to what to do, I tried to add the details manually and that did not help. The mac filtering is turned off on the router and the firewall is disabled. Is there something I am missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how is the xbox connected to the router?

Cat5 or Wireless?

Did you power cycle your modem after installing the router?

Griffinmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Griffinmills

Check the xbox internet test, if you are getting an ip that starts with 169.254.x.x and a subnet of 255.255.0.0 then you aren't being assigned an IP by the new wierless modem and router you bought. If you are on wireless did you remember to delete the old wireless profile and password on the xbox and put in the new one? If not on wireless then you'll have to check that the new router is serving up DHCP addresses.

kubazse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, messed around with the ip address and dns server and kept pressing 'automatic' when setting them up and magically everything is all good now, thanks all, this was a nightmare yesterday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.