Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Wait...you can't copy saves to a memory card?

Wolf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolf3

Is this for real? You can't copy saves to a memory card? I was confused by how you do it on PS4 (it's actually not hard, just the wording looked different from what I was used to), so I'm double checking to make sure I'm not just screwing up again.

When you see what's on your hard drive you can delete installs, and I guess separately you can delete saves...but I don't see any way to copy them off...

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If by memory card you mean USB stick then I think the answer is no. I believe the only external memory options you have is using a Hard Drive with a capacity of 256 gigs or more.

budgietheii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All save data is backed up to the cloud servers for all users and will automatically sync when you load a game on another xbox. Of course if you've got a game like Forza5 with massive save data that's bit of a ball-ache.

Otherswise, it's as @oscar__explosion says, you need a 256gb+ usb drive to move data to.

Wolf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolf3

So you actually can copy saves...IF the drive is big enough?

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I imagine the reason that feature doesn't exist is because Microsoft feels they've got it covered by the cloud saves - it's like a big automatic memory card in the sky.

My understanding was that even on the 360 saves were tied to the account they were created with, so you'd have to log into the other XBOne as yourself anyway, at which point the other XBOne will download your saves automatically. No need for external storage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.