Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

What's with the 'Bundle Only' thing on Xbox Store items?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Hi everyone,

So I've only had an Xbox One for a few months now but one thing I keep noticing is the Bundle Only statement on Store items throughout Xbox One's store. Right now I'm looking to see how much downloadable content might be available to me for Rock Band 4 and to see if it'd be worth picking up (despite the expense) because I bought quite a lot of downloadable songs on my Xbox 360 and now owning an Xbox One it made some sense. Thing is, when I go to visit the store I notice items I know I've purchased before state Bundle Only? Yet songs I haven't are clearly priced.

Any idea what this is and why this is the case? Can these songs be only downloaded via in-game store or am I missing something here? It's sort of confusing.
    Thanks.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not sure about Rock Band specifically, and this issue sounds like it is specific to that game, but DLC appearing as "bundle only" usually means it was some sort of special edition, pre-order, or day one content.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GabrielCantor

I think most of the "Bundle Only" songs are things from the exports for RB1, 2, 3 and Lego RB. These songs will never actually be purchasable in the store (and if you didn't export them before they've all since expired, except RB3), but they have to be up there in order for the people who do own them to download them. As of now, the only exports actually available are RB1 and 3, and I believe you need RB4 in order to download them from the in-game store. Also, I believe if you previously purchased a pack of songs you have to find and download that pack again, not the individual songs. I think this is how it works on Xbox, but I did it on PS4 which is different so I'm not 100%.

There are a couple of other cases of this, like an Ozzy pack with 2 songs exclusive to the pack or 2112, but they're far and few between. The RB forums have a thread and spreadsheet about what is/isn't available, and if that doesn't help I can probably answer any other questions you might have about specific songs or whatever.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MachoFantastico

@epidehl said:

I think most of the "Bundle Only" songs are things from the exports for RB1, 2, 3 and Lego RB. These songs will never actually be purchasable in the store (and if you didn't export them before they've all since expired, except RB3), but they have to be up there in order for the people who do own them to download them. As of now, the only exports actually available are RB1 and 3, and I believe you need RB4 in order to download them from the in-game store.

There are a couple of other cases of this, like an Ozzy pack with 2 songs exclusive to the pack or 2112, but they're far and few between. The RB forums have a thread and spreadsheet about what is/isn't available, and if that doesn't help I can probably answer any other questions you might have about specific songs or whatever.

So you'd still have to own a copy of Rock Band 1 to export the RB1 songs to RB4? Hell that's asking a lot as I sold my copy of RB1 years ago. I did export them to RB3 (or RB2, forget which one supported it) some years ago so it sucks that I'd need to still have a copy of RB1 and RB3 to even have them in the game right now. I'd hoped that because I'd exported them in the past they'd still be available.

From what I can recall I ended up exporting RB1, RB2, Lego Rock Band and a few others.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl said:

I think most of the "Bundle Only" songs are things from the exports for RB1, 2, 3 and Lego RB. These songs will never actually be purchasable in the store (and if you didn't export them before they've all since expired, except RB3), but they have to be up there in order for the people who do own them to download them. As of now, the only exports actually available are RB1 and 3, and I believe you need RB4 in order to download them from the in-game store.

So you'd still have to own a copy of Rock Band 1 to export the RB1 songs to RB4? Hell that's asking a lot as I sold my copy of RB1 years ago. I did export them to RB3 (or RB2, forget which one supported it) some years ago so it sucks that I'd need to still have a copy of RB1 and RB3 to even have them in the game right now. I'd hoped that because I'd exported them in the past they'd still be available.

Oh no, if you exported them into RB2/3 you're good to go. Just the only way to download them is as a "bundle" in RB4's in-game store, I believe. RB3 is a weirder case, I think as long as you played it and earned an achievement on the same XBL account you'll have access to the export in RB4, but it costs $15 as it never exported before. RB2 and Lego aren't up for download yet, but are coming, and will be available at no charge if you exported them before.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl said:
    @machofantastico said:
    @epidehl said:

Oh no, if you exported them into RB2/3 you're good to go. Just the only way to download them is as a "bundle" in RB4's in-game store, I believe. RB3 is a weirder case, I think as long as you played it and earned an achievement on the same XBL account you'll have access to the export in RB4, but it costs $15 as it never exported before. RB2 and Lego aren't up for download yet, but are coming, and will be available at no charge if you exported them before.

Oh okay that makes more sense, as I played a massive amount of Rock Band 3 I ended up exporting RB1, RB2, Lego Rock Band and Rock Band Blitz song not to mention all the downloadable songs so I had a pretty large catalogue which I loved (and the reason I'm even interested in getting RB4). Hopefully the Rock Band 3 process is how I imagined, I was concerned I'd need to still have the disc though according to what you have said and I've read they should be able to tell that I've owned and played Rock Band 3 and I'd just need to purchase the export fee to play thoughts, which again would be awesome.

Thanks for helping me figure this out, it seems most of the stuff is done in-game anyway. Still, it'll make me feel better about that up front cost of RB4 knowing I'd still have a pretty good catalogue behind me.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl said:
    @machofantastico said:
    @epidehl said:

Oh okay that makes more sense, as I played a massive amount of Rock Band 3 I ended up exporting RB1, RB2, Lego Rock Band and Rock Band Blitz song not to mention all the downloadable songs so I had a pretty large catalogue which I loved (and the reason I'm even interested in getting RB4). Hopefully the Rock Band 3 process is how I imagined, I was concerned I'd need to still have the disc though according to what you have said and I've read they should be able to tell that I've owned and played Rock Band 3 and I'd just need to purchase the export fee to play thoughts, which again would be awesome.

Thanks for helping me figure this out, it seems most of the stuff is done in-game anyway. Still, it'll make me feel better about that up front cost of RB4 knowing I'd still have a pretty good catalogue behind me.

Glad to help! Also I forgot about Blitz, which is also up for download already. The full game exports should be the only thing you need the game for. The in-game store might be a little more organized with it than the Xbox store, but you should still be able to download most of your old stuff before you get it so you don't have to wait.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, have to say I'm not a massive fan of the Xbox Store on the Xbox One. Just feels like it's missing some key features and I don't like the way things are organised. Hopefully it will be improved. I'd love to see Blitz make its way to Xbox One via Backward Compatibility but I doubt that'll happen due to license issues. Rather enjoyed that game.

Again thanks, cleared up a lot of confusion my end. I should be set to pick up a guitar and copy of the game at some point soon, have missed playing some Rock Band.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question, are the RB2 songs available for RB4 or are they a ways off? Can't seem to find them. Got the RB1 songs done. Taking me forever to download all these songs but it'll be worth it. Missed playing Rock Band.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Yeah it usually means it's bundled with a preorder bonus or special edition. It's pretty annoying for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.