Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One Day One Achievement

• 60 results
    Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I get a kick out of the description being

Ensure that the most powerful console ever made will be delivered to you on day one.

Because it's a complete lie. For one, if we're going to consider the PC a competing console, then thing isn't the most powerful. Even if we don't, the PS4 is known to be not-insignificantly more powerful. Obviously, they're not going to say "Ensure that the second or third most powerful console ever made..." but I still chuckled.

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ogred said:

@hailinel said:

@humanity said:

@hailinel said:

@humanity said:

You'd think by 2013 people would stop complaining about how they think achievements are stupid.

Guess what, some people like them, they're not monsters or idiots - they're just people that like something different than you.

No one here is really complaining about achievements in general. But expanding achievements into the realm of rewarding early adopter purchases is ridiculous.

That is inherently complaining about achievements. How often do you get a new console launch? It's been 7 years since the last one. So theoretically 7 years from now when the next XBOX comes out, isn't it going to be neat to have a little XBO achievement? I just think it's completely harmless, much like achievements for watching TV shows or something. It's a fun little badge. Tons of people are going to pre-order regardless, it's cool to get a little thing on the side.

Why should an acheivement be granted explicitly for the act of paying money? They're a system devised for rewarding in-game accomplishment, not training people to go rushing to Gamestop and Amazon like howler monkeys demanding their cheevos.

Yeah, I think if had they left the achievement unannounced it would be a 'nice' surprise to early adopters. The fact that it's advertised & used as an incentive to spend $500 on day one leaves the impression that MS doesn't respect their consumers and believes dumbass trinkets will convince customers to fork over 1/2 their weekly wage. Can't say they were wrong, but it's still disappointing to see.

What @ogred said. My first thought was no bueno, but it's really about the way it's being presented, not the achievement itself. To my mind it's a pretty cool idea spoiled by marketing.

Couldnt that be said about the Xbone in general

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I will sell this achievement on Ebay, i like did my Gears of War Judgment DLC skin

$20 FUCKING DOLLARS FOR A SINGLE SKIN

Imagine a Exclusive Day 1 Achievement for buying a console.

Nicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is basically like what Steam does, right? Timed achievements during summer/winter sales to incentivize purchases. You do also get one single measly raffle ticket out of it though, so maybe it's totally different.

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By TerraDelu

This has invalidated the whole achievement system to me.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It might as well just say "sucker"

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is absolutely genius. Well play Microsoft. It won't work on me, but this will work on people.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@humanity said:

@hailinel said:

@humanity said:

You'd think by 2013 people would stop complaining about how they think achievements are stupid.

Guess what, some people like them, they're not monsters or idiots - they're just people that like something different than you.

No one here is really complaining about achievements in general. But expanding achievements into the realm of rewarding early adopter purchases is ridiculous.

That is inherently complaining about achievements. How often do you get a new console launch? It's been 7 years since the last one. So theoretically 7 years from now when the next XBOX comes out, isn't it going to be neat to have a little XBO achievement? I just think it's completely harmless, much like achievements for watching TV shows or something. It's a fun little badge. Tons of people are going to pre-order regardless, it's cool to get a little thing on the side.

Why should an acheivement be granted explicitly for the act of paying money? They're a system devised for rewarding in-game accomplishment, not training people to go rushing to Gamestop and Amazon like howler monkeys demanding their cheevos.

Maybe if we're real lucky they'll have micro-transactions to unlock achievements in games to save us time!

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was reading through this thread when I realized someone already made a joke about the PS4 being the most powerful console. Goodbye.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft conditioning chimpboys to buy anything with an achievement in it. Just face it, you payed $500 for an achievement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.