Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One External HDD

BakedBeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So just like many of you my XBOX One is full. I need to clear space and upgrade my HDD. I was looking into the Seagate - Expansion 5TB External USB 3.0 or the WD - My Book 4TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive. Curious what other people have on hand. I have seem back and forth on these two a lot but wanted to get some better options than amazon reviews. I have a 1tb HGST touro S model but that is also filling up and was goint to crack that open an put it in my PS4. I dont mind if I have to use a AC power since I have 3 nice Power Strips at my disposal and can set them up next to the xbox one.

Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB Green - this seems to small for the money. But its USB powered.

Thanks!

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have the WD My Book (or one very similar to that model). It works fairly well, but I've noticed some overall Xbox performance issues when things are installing to it, if I'm doing anything else. Choppy performance in games, stuttering/slowed down audio, that sort of thing. I've only used this drive so I don't know if that's normal for all external drives on the Xbone or if I should look at getting a different one.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

I have a seagate external with 4 TB, it works very well. Does cut the loading times a touch and I've never had any problems. Only thing is that unless u want your drive spinning all the time you can't put the XBOX ONE into instant start mode. But that's the only draw back I've experienced.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've added a 1TB HDD to my X1 and it's awesome to have the space. No more storage worries for me. Seems to dl faster to it too.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Kingpk

Yeah I got a 1TB Toshiba one for like $50 from Amazon and it has been fine for me, although if you are downloading a game to it while running another off of it (as I was when d/ling MGS), there is a quite noticeable hit to load times.

I honestly don't really think I'd need a 4TB drive since I still buy most games on disc and just delete stuff I haven't played in a long time.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I have that exact WD My Book link you posted. Works great!

BakedBeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BakedBeans

Yeah I have all disc as well minus a few sales items. I don't mind the slow boot up either. So I think I'll go with the 5tb since it's about 130.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also got the wd you linked and haven't had any issues, I've got everything I could installed to it. That includes all apps you can move and I don't have any issues. I've got 20 or 30 games too and it's nice leaving them installed just in case I decide to play them. No difference in performance noticed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.