Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One Nag Screen for Gold

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Recently, every time I turn on my Xbox I get a screen telling me I should get Xbox Live Gold. I do plan on getting it at some point, but it's not a priority for me. I have PS Plus and am happy with that and I don't do much multiplayer. When I do, it's on PS4.

I'm sick of having to click through two screens every time I start my system. I have it set on the instant on setting. I can't seem to find options to stop this behavior, and it only recently started doing it. Super annoying. Anyone else have this issue?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The new consoles still desperately want to be "always online". In the immortal words of the Xbox Ones initial launch. Deal with it.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, my system IS always online. I don't have a big problem with that. The point is, the nag screen only just started showing up. I've had my Xbox One for several weeks now. Not sure if this is something everyone is experiencing or not.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I mean, my system IS always online. I don't have a big problem with that. The point is, the nag screen only just started showing up. I've had my Xbox One for several weeks now. Not sure if this is something everyone is experiencing or not.

I've had my Xbox One for about a month now, been a Silver member the whole time, and haven't once seen the nag screen. Did it start happening after a dashboard update or something? Regardless, that sounds pretty annoying.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i know this is somewhat off topic, but i really fucking hated the 360's dashboard. at the time i thought it was stupid that you had to pay money to actually play online game. i still do at least now it comes with some benefit. but at that time you not only had to pay for being able to do something that most games had. and some games survived and sold on. there were adds for other games you could buy netflix and tv shows from a tv station. i dont understand why that was acceptable.
    now i feel like i unfortunately have to clarify that its not a bashing of xbox, nor do i say that ps is superior. its just that this spam really bugs me and ps is starting to do it to. especially the ps store is horrible in the same way.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Sterling

I have this now too and its crazy annoying. Having to go through the two confirmations that I in fact don't want to buy gold. I did buy a year of gold when I first got the console. It ran out this month. And this crap started the day it ran out. I'm hoping it goes away otherwise I will most likely start using the console less than I already do.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winsord said:

@r3beld0gg said:

I've had my Xbox One for about a month now, been a Silver member the whole time, and haven't once seen the nag screen. Did it start happening after a dashboard update or something? Regardless, that sounds pretty annoying.

Well, it looks like the last update was Dec 1. I'd say it only started in the last couple of weeks, I think. I go back and forth between my consoles a lot and have a terrible sense of the passage of time, but I'd say it was, at least, not directly after the last update. I've tried power cycling more than once, hoping that might be it. Logging in and out. So annoying. Luckily, I'm kinda back on the PS4 right now for Dragon Age. Xbox is just my Forza machine when I need a break. Hopefully this will fix itself as I've decided to skip on Gold for at least another couple of months. Just not worth the money to me.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hatking

That sounds irritating. I always hated it on Xbox 360 when I would sign in with a buddy's profile and see how weird and empty the Silver layout looked, with like six references to how they should sign up to Gold for all these features. The way I look at these consoles though, they're like subscription services at this point. I wouldn't want to be part of either ecosystem without being part of the premium service.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Instead of creating a new topic, thought I'd ask here. Anyone know if you buy a game, and then the next day it goes on sale, if they will price match/refund? Kinda pissed at myself for buying a full priced game during the sale season.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

The way I look at these consoles though, they're like subscription services at this point. I wouldn't want to be part of either ecosystem without being part of the premium service.

Thing is, I have both Xbox and Playstation. I don't need Gold. The free games aren't super appealing on the Xbox One right now, PSN does WAY better. Plus I've got PS3, PS4 and Vita. That's a lot of games every month. I rarely plug up my 360 now. I'm not big on multiplayer and don't feel like I'm missing anything on Xbone in that regard. If I want MP I just use the PS4. I'll get Gold eventually, probably, but if I've got $60 I'd rather spend it on a game than that.

@sterling said:

Instead of creating a new topic, thought I'd ask here. Anyone know if you buy a game, and then the next day it goes on sale, if they will price match/refund? Kinda pissed at myself for buying a full priced game during the sale season.

This ain't Walmart, buddy. :) Hopefully, as digital becomes more and more prevalent we'll see advances like that in customer service. There's not much competition, especially in the console ecosystem, so they don't have a ton of reason to do that. It's part of playing the digital game. Forget about the sale, the game was worth $60 to you when you bought it, it still is. Unless it was Destiny.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.