Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One X Preorders are live (Just a heads up) Update: (Looks like they're mostly gone now)

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I got mine in at amazon. Not sure if I'll keep it, but thought I'd reserve one just in case. Here's a link to the polygon article: there you'll find links to several sites you can place a preorder in and hardware details and comparisons. Apparently if you get it day one you'll get a limited edition skew. The quote below comes from another article here.

Microsoft will release a limited edition “Project Scorpio” version of the Xbox One X on Nov. 7, the company announced at Gamescom 2017 today. The hardware — an Xbox One X console and controller — will come emblazoned with the console’s codename printed in green.

The Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition will also include a “sophisticated and dynamic graphic pattern across the exterior” that Microsoft says was inspired by the original Xbox. The package will also include an exclusive vertical stand.

I don't know what the hype is for this thing. Is anyone here planning on getting one?

Edit: Of the links provided in the polygon article, only target and walmart still have any for preorder. The Microsoft site says coming soon, so it's possible they'll have more up at some point. Kinda surprising they were all reserved.

Edit 2: Amazon is the only one with an option to preorder right now.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bigsocrates

I'm getting one...because I'm an idiot and I can afford to waste money. But I was also an early fan of the Xbox One and even I am extremely lukewarm on this. Not only are there basically no Xbox exclusives coming in the near future (other than Forza 7), but there aren't that many graphically intense 3rd party games I'm interested in this winter. Maybe Need for Speed will be good?

If I'm extremely "eh" on this thing it's going to have trouble. I bought a PS4 Pro and PSVR last year without hesitation.

I'm getting this thing but what am I going to play this autumn? Probably Super Mario Odyssey and my PS4 backlog.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

I'm getting one...because I'm an idiot and I can afford to waste money. But I was also an early fan of the Xbox One and even I am extremely lukewarm on this. Not only are there basically no Xbox exclusives coming in the near future (other than Forza 7), but there aren't that many graphically intense 3rd party games I'm interested in this winter. Maybe Need for Speed will be good?

If I'm extremely "eh" on this thing it's going to have trouble. I bought a PS4 Pro and PSVR last year without hesitation.

I'm getting this thing but what am I going to play this autumn? Probably Super Mario Odyssey and my PS4 backlog.

Listen to what you're saying, man. Don't buy it!

I wish I could justify buying one, but I already have a perfectly good Xbox One and just a 1080p television, so eh.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

@bigsocrates: I mean, I can afford to waste money as well, but now that you reminded me the switch exists and I want one I can't say the chances of me keeping my preorder have gone any higher. I also have a high end gaming pc, so my money is probably better spent on that instead the more I think about it. I just have a weird obligation to reserve one given there's no downside to pre ordering on amazon.

@jjweatherman The voice of reason rears their head...

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I'm pretty confident in saying pre-order won't be necessary.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Eh. I'm similar to @bigsocrates in that I usually jump on stuff immediately. I like gadgets and being part of the early discussion. I've got a PS4 Pro. I bought both the Rift and Vive at launch. I sold my Xbox One to get an Xbox One S. And I'm a collector. I've got all the systems (besides Switch, because I don't care for it). I've just spent hundreds of dollars on other game related stuff in the past month.

...even with all that, I'm still not really interested in the One X. At least for the time being. I love how the dude on the press conference was like "People choose Xbox because of all the exclusives. And we've got the big ones." Geeeeeeez, just be honest. Say you have some great exclusives but you're getting more. That's at least partially the truth.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjweatherman: Don't worry about me. I have a 4K TV so I will at least use this to watch 4K content, and I'm sure getting better performance out of multi-plats over the next few years will be worth the price. This is a small stupid extravagance, but as I said there's not a lot of games I want over the next 4 months so this fits in my gaming budget (which, in turn, is a small portion of my overall budget.)

I'll get my money's worth out of this thing, I'm just saying that if someone like me who has disposable income and is a big Xbox fan isn't super excited about this...that's a problem.

Plus it's just a pre-order for now. I can always cancel.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I've pre-ordered and I'm really excited for it. It gives me an excuse to upgrade my TV as well. Now that I've got Google Fiber, I'll do some 4k streaming on it to add some value beyond just gaming, although I'm really excited to see Forza 7 in all its glory, finally get my hands on PUBG, and enjoy 4K updates on games like Battlefield 1, Horizon 3, HITMAN, etc. I think the Project Scorpio edition is a dumb, fun little thing as well, because it's just a cooler name and a nod to those who have been following the development of the console with interest.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BabyChooChoo

The lack of exclusives/big titles is really putting a damper on my excitement for this thing. I mean, don't get me wrong. It has plenty of games out/coming out, but nothing that's really making any headlines. Forza 7 - which will probably do great sales-wise, but the type of people who get really pumped about mainline Forza games are usually the type of people who are too busy playing Forza to tell you how much they're excited for the next Forza - is like the biggest thing they have until whenever PUBG comes out. After that, you're left with Sea of Thieves and Crackdown in 2018 which people seem like they want to get excited for, but have no idea how the final product will turn out in either case.

People like to give them shit for cancelling Scalebound, but looking at their lineup, I think it's safe to say that that game must have been in such a piss poor state that having nothing to show for it was better than spending any more on it. But I digress.

It's just so hard for me to be optimistic about this thing. I want to be, but I just can't. I totally think the audience is there and willing to drop the money on it, but I don't think that many are willing to jump on board without a few more reasons.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

got mine from amazon. figured i might as well since the xbox one is where i do most of my gaming these days despite owning a PS4, PC and Switch.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am interested in the freesync support and what that will mean for consoles more than anything. Dont have money to waste right now though, but i think that may end up being this things best feature.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@babychoochoo: I don't understand this reasoning against the One X. If you want to say that about Xbox One as a whole, sure, fine, they have issues with exclusives right now. But when talking about the X specifically, and whether or not it's worth the upgrade, that's not fair at all. They've already got a list going of over 100 existing and upcoming games that will take advantage of the additional power. To say there aren't any big games that take advantage of the One X on day one simply isn't true.

Sony really fucked up with the Pro if I recall correctly, not having many games with support at launch. And almost a year later there's no easy way to tell what new releases do and don't. Microsoft seems to be learning from their mistakes and have created a little "Xbox One X Enhanced" branding for new games. We'll see if that also gets applied in the Store, and how those actual enhancements are communicated on the system and in the games, but they seem to be on the right path.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ripelivejam

I haven't turned on my xbone in a couple months. Don't think I'll be getting this.

Francium34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I kind of feel the heat Xbox felt this year is 1. deserved, 2. worsened by the fact that multiplat titles have been just meh. If Wildlands, For Honor, ME:A, Prey were better, people wouldn't be complaining as much in the middle of a few months stretch that Japan was pumping out great games, and would also be more excited to see these games in "4k" on the new XboxX.

Most of my friends are on Xbox, and I have a pretty powerful PC. So no XboxX for me this year, but I will be grabbing Play Anywhere games whenever possible. Wolfenstein 2 just popped up as a play anywhere title, so this and Shadow of War I will probably get on windows store (gulp, please don't F up the ports)

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I've wanted to an XB1 for about a year for the handful of exclusives and backwards compatibility and to me, the Xbox One S is a lot more attractive than the X.

Also, if this thing has any success, Sony's ready to drop $50 on that Pro any day of the week. The power game leads no where, fund games Microsoft.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to wait for Digital Foundry comparisons. Comparisons between PS4 pro and One S. Hopefully they'll get those videos out before launch.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have a PS4 Pro so I don't really see a need to get this. Also it is still just a Xbox One. I sold my S a few months ago and don't plan on looking back.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread prompted me to look up how much regular Xbox Ones are selling for and it's actually pretty decent. Might be a nice time to get rid of it and upgrade.

To a Switch.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might get it once they prove it's worth it with some great games and features. I'm still unclear when it comes to VR, does it run Vive and/or Oculus or not? Seems like it was implied last year but at this E3 they ignored VR.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
    deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre ordered the Xbox One X earlier, I'm probably going to trade in my Gears of War 4 Xbox One S to afford this.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might get it once they prove it's worth it with some great games and features. I'm still unclear when it comes to VR, does it run Vive and/or Oculus or not? Seems like it was implied last year but at this E3 they ignored VR.

I think the answer is "not at launch" but there are rumors and implications that they may do something with Oculus in 2018. No guarantees and nothing clear though.

They might partially be watching PSVR. If it really only sells 5 million or fewer units it might not be worth it to Microsoft to try to put together an also ran to sell like 500,000.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I like my Xbox, but I haven't felt slighted yet by having a regular PS4 instead of the Pro, so I can't see myself getting this. I'm more likely to spend the money on bumping up my PC specs and playing the 'play anywhere' titles there instead. As long as games continue to run as they should (e.g. constant 60 in Forza 7), then I'm okay having slightly worse graphics.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Little to no hype. The box looks pretty powerful and I'm happy for those that are interested in getting one as it looks like they'll get their money's worth, but it's just not for me.

My free time is at a premium between work and my girlfriend, so it doesn't leave me with a lot of time for my hobby. And even when I can find time to game, I sometimes don't have it in me to do that when I'm exhausted after a long day at work. I have a PC, a PS4 Pro and a Switch and that's more than enough games for me to not even be able to play all the games I buy/are interested in. There are some Xbox exclusive games that I'm interested in but I will most likely be able to get those on PC and even if I can't, it's not as big a deal (to me) as not being able to play stuff like Bloodborne and Persona.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I preordered right away, have a 2016 Oled and huge Xbox games collection so no brainer for me. Also have a PS4 pro and switch for exclusives. My time for this hobby is much more limited than my money at this point.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By whitegreyblack

I don't have a 4k tv but I am still tempted to trade in my Xbox one toward the x while system trade in offers are happening at eb games here in Canada...

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By tatsuyarr

Preordered it because even though I have a PS4 Pro and a Switch, Xbox One has remained my primary console, I'm too invested in the Xbox ecosystem to change. I use PS4 Pro and Switch for exclusives and imports from Japan (currently playing Dragon Quest XI). I stopped PC gaming 17 years ago, I work all day on one of these and I don't want to spend time on it for gaming.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nicksmi56

I sincerely hope everyone who buys it gets their money's worth, but as for me, not a fiber of my being wants this thing.

As someone who's looking for steady employment at the moment, I don't have the cash to plop down on this box first and foremost. And since I just got a Switch as a graduation gift not too long ago, I've reached my quota on shiny new consoles.

Plus, nothing about what it's offering interests me that much. Growing up, I was never an Xbox kid, and I've never really felt like I was missing out at any point. The big Xbox franchises like Gears and Halo have never interested me as a guy who generally doesn't do online multiplayer, and Forza looks cool but I have plenty of driving games already. I'm also not that much of a graphics guy. I can appreciate great graphics (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe looks freaking gorgeous), but it's almost never a factor on what I decide to buy. It doesn't help that the majority of big AAA multiplats this gen seem to be either rereleases/remasters, sequels that play exactly the same as last gen, or big disappointments/buggy messes.

And as a guy who's still catching up to his PS3 and Wii backlog, while also going through 3DS releases and throwing in a Switch game every now and then, I have way more than enough to play. The last thing I need is a whole new ecosystem of games to jump into. The most interesting thing for me was backwards compatibility, but once again, never grew up with an Xbox, and you can't miss what you never had.

So yeah, not the target audience at all. Hope it turns out well for fans though.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By pweidman

I'm getting it for sure, reserving as soon as I can; just had to ask for e-mail notification. Every time I look it's unavailable from Amazon. I'm a Forza nut so I can't wait to play Forza 7 on the X. Plus I bought my One at launch, and I'm ready for the upgrade the X offers. Hopefully 4K televisions will be a bit more reasonable by then too. Maybe a Black Friday sale could do the trick on the tv.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually forgot this existed...

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre-ordered a Project Scorpio edition. If the are really as limited as people think they are I see no reason why I couldn't just throw that up on eBay, and buy a regular Xbox One X and then use the profit towards a Switch.

Or just keep it since its pretty cool anyway.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My One S is already just a UHD disk player and Might & Magic clash of Heroes machine. I really don't need the extra power to do either one of those things.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By frytup

@pdxsonic said:

I pre-ordered a Project Scorpio edition. If the are really as limited as people think they are I see no reason why I couldn't just throw that up on eBay, and buy a regular Xbox One X

I did that with the Sunset Overdrive edition, heh.

There are still Scorpio Edition preorders available at Target and Wal Mart, so I don't know how rare they're really going to be.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

This is the Xbox guy over at Windows Central,

Considering Microsoft expected about a 90%/10% split this holiday for One S/One X sales, them blowing past their pre-order expectations could very well mean they blow past overall sales expectations too. I believe the PS4 Pro sold at 10% of overall PS4 console sales when it was released. (This likely informed Microsoft's own expectations.) If more people are willing to by the One X than the PS4 Pro when Xbox allegedly has fewer games, then things'll get reallllll interesting when Xbox has more games.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this pre-order was for just the normal Xbox One X vs. the limited Project Scorpio edition, I think it would be a whole different story. I think a lot of scalpers are looking to flip this one; eBay is already chock-full of 'em.

It's a good marketing play by Microsoft; putting the limited one out for pre-orders so they sell quickly and create the narrative of high demand is pretty clever.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre-ordered it. I own the day one Xbox One as well and it's time to upgrade. The majority of the games dropping in October and November, I typically play on an Xbox so having the X with a bunch of new games to play will be exciting for me.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I wish they sold a 1TB Black Xbox One S.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.