Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox Region Coding

Roadshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Alright, probably a stupid question that most people had the answer to years ago, but the Xbox One is 100% region free for games right?

I ask because I ordered a couple of games on disc from Amazon and they sent me European editions of the games (at least I think they're European, they have PEGI ratings instead of ESRB ratings). Would the experience of playing these games on my American Xbox be at all different than if I were playing domestic copies of the games? I have zero experience dealing with import copies or anything like that.

kadaju86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kadaju86

Should be no problem at all. On Xbox (this counts for 360 as that's where I've had my import experience from) I've never had an issue with buying a US copy of a game and playing on my EU console even when it comes to DLC. The Xbox store seems to operate with the same version across regions unlike PSN where if you bought a US copy and tried to download a DLC pack for the game from an EU store it would not recognize it.

The games on all consoles this generation are region free and the vast majority of them, unless they're Japanese releases at least, all have English as one of the languages in addition to the larger European ones. So if the language on the back of the box is in English you should most definitely be safe to use an EU game on an US console.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.