Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Series X|S

Platform »

The fourth Xbox console from Microsoft launched on November 10, 2020 with two distinct models; Series X and Series S.

What games will show off the X best?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey Gang,

If you've followed this forum at all, you'll have likely seen me asking about Xbox Series stuff lately. I bit the bullet and bought one off eBay yesterday. I didn't wanna wait till like Holiday 2022, so I just took the extra money and bought it (I sold my PS4 Pro, Switch and Gaming PC for this, as they're all at the end of their lifespan for me)

So what should I try out first? I haven't had an MS platform since the 360, so there's probably a lot to catch up on. I'm of course getting gamepass and gonna try out Yakuza LAD and Gears 5.

Any recommends chums?

Avatar image for physicalscience
    physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not going to lie, I bought the Series X on launch day and have yet to really see a game that totally shows it off.

I recently watched the TitanFall QL for some random reason, and the difference between the 360 version and the One version was very significant. Though I thought the successor to what I would consider one of the best consoles of all time was kind of a bummer, there were games right around the launch of the Xbox One that showed it was a big jump from the 360.

I know the Series X is far more powerful, and game load times are WAY quicker on the Series X, but I haven't seen anything yet where I'm like "Holy shit they wouldn't have been able to do that on an Xbox One".

I'm hoping that Battlefield later this year might be the one to do it, but we will see. I do think that the quick resume feature is freaking awesome though.

Just as a final thought, Like a Dragon was one of the first games I played on the Series X and it is one of the funnest games I have played in a good while. I really, really enjoyed that game.

Here is to 2022!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.