Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox

Platform »

Microsoft's first home gaming system and one of the first to include an internal hard drive and built in online play capability. It was considered the first console to have fully supported meaningful online play.

Capture card to get OG Xbox gameplay?

SavageManLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Would any of you folks know of a good capture card to get footage of OG Xbox games? I bought a component cable for my Xbox and have been enjoying playing some games, but I wanted to do some casual lets plays (I know I know) for my dinky little YouTube channel of some of these games. Is that still a possible thing with an old console like this?

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

You shouldn't have any problems with most capture cards/boxes as long as they accept component. There's no security on the feed unlike with HDMI. Personally I've used the Hauppauge HD PVR and had no problems with it.

SavageManLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Do the capture cards let you comment over the audio as you record? I'm familiar with OBS but a separate capture device I'm not :(

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Do the capture cards let you comment over the audio as you record? I'm familiar with OBS but a separate capture device I'm not :(

I mean, if you're putting videos together after the fact, you can just run something like Audacity at the same time and record that way. You'll have to manually sync the two together, though.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That probably becomes something you'll need to look into on a card-by-card basis. Most cards/boxes would probably accept a separate audio source but I don't know if it will mix together properly.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

@savagemanlove said:

I mean, if you're putting videos together after the fact, you can just run something like Audacity at the same time and record that way. You'll have to manually sync the two together, though.

This is how I'd suggest doing it. I have a little device for capturing composite that only cost like $30 on amazon. I know you said component but just in case you're on a budget.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.