Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox

Platform »

Microsoft's first home gaming system and one of the first to include an internal hard drive and built in online play capability. It was considered the first console to have fully supported meaningful online play.

What's missing from my OG Xbox collection?

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By SubwayD

I've been collecting Xbox games over the past year.

Being two generations behind, the prices have dropped significantly and with the Xbox being one of my favourite consoles, I figured I'd take this chance to bulk my my collection significantly! I'm at about 130 games now and feeling quite satisfied, though I get the sense I might be missing a classic or two.

The list comes in two flavours:

On Giant Bomb - Part 1 / Part 2

Google Sheets

So, what do you fine people think I'm missing? I'm not trying to own every game, just ones that interest me, be they amazing or amazingly bad.

For what it's worth, I've got an un-modded EU console, so some games from US and Japan aren't an option, unless they're region free.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By flasaltine

You are missing the Blitz games. Fable too.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi
    SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Now here's the part where I shoot them down!

I don't think any of the Blitz games came out in the UK for the Xbox? I'm not finding any, at least.

Fable was played, completed and loved at the time. Nostalgia bomb: it was the first game I bought with money I earned from a paid job. That one is a coin toss between getting the classic version on Xbox, PC or the remade version.

Battlefront, I'm on the fence about. Not sure how much fun it'd be without Live. The other Star Wars games (along with Jade Empire) I've got on PC.

As for Splinter Cell, I was so excited for Conviction that I bought and played though all the Xbox titles in the month leading up to it's release. BTW, the 6th gen version of Double Agent was better than the 360 game.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subwayd: The singleplayer modes in Battlefront are pretty good especially in 2. The story modes are well done and the Galactic Conquest half strategy game half Battlefield is really cool.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SubwayD

@corevi: Sounds really cool though, holy crap, the game is expensive! Guess I'll have to get the PS2 or PC version.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Well, shit, you already own GunValkyrie and Voodoo Vince (two of my favorite OG Xbox games) so as far as I'm concerned, that's like asking "what car should buy?" while already owning a garage full of Ferrari's lol.

Hmmm, the only other thing I would suggest is Steel Battalion. That thing still wows people to this very day.

msx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Rotnac
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again, thanks for your input, guys! Let me run down the current batch of suggestions.

• Steel Battalion - Oh boy. I'd love to get this. Can only hope the game is still available by the time I've got enough free money to afford it.
    • Deathrow - Been on my want list for a while. Just checked ebay and saw it cheap so, Bought! :)
    • Fusion Frenzy - Haha. Ok, maybe I'll get this one for completion sake. Is there anything of worth to the single player?
    • Vexx - Got this on the PS2. Won't bother getting it again unless the Xbox version has massively improved graphics.
    • Jade Empire - Got this on PC. Played it on the Xbox back when it first came out, mind you.
    • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - Another one that's on my want list. Just waiting for the right deal to come along.
    • GTA Trilogy - Got the original, non-tampered with games on PC. Still, they're definitive console versions, for sure
    • Morrowind - Stupid expensive these days. Thankfully I've got the original release of the game and it's expansions on PC.
    • Sid Meier's Pirates! - Again, got the special edition of this on PC when it first came out.
    • Crazy Taxi 3 - Relatively expensive, but it's going on my want list!
    • Dino Crisis 3 - Oh man! I've heard... things. Is it worth playing this without having experienced the first two?
    • Stubbs the Zombie - Another one of the rare Xbox games that didn't go down in price. Would like to play it, but can't justify the cost at the moment.

Looking good!

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Dino Crisis 3 is terrible and every copy of it should be burned ritually. Dino Crisis 1 is great if you don't mind going back to Resident Evil 2 era tank- and camera controls. Great atmosphere, good jumpscares and a surprising amount branching paths all accompanied by good music. I don't rememember much about Dino Crisis 2, it was very close to an arcade game with weird scoring mechanics. I disliked the direction of the game but it was a solid game on its own merits.

Munch's Oddyssee...terrible, just terrible. I played a little of it on the PC. Nothing makes sense. It lacked the charm the previous games had and felt like a empty, lifeless world with random crap generated in it. You'd have more fun playing the original game in pixelated 360p.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw: From the sound of it, Dino Crisis 3 sounds like it'd be worth picking up simply because it's terribad. I get a twisted thrill out of checking out really shaky old games. It's why I tracked down some real howlers like NARC and Final Fight: Streetwise. Damn, the early-to-mid 00s were dumb in such a special way. :P

Munch, on the other hand, sounds a little too awkward to be enjoyed, even ironically. Plus I just remembered that it came as part of a bundle with Strangers Wrath HD on PC. So I'd say I'm sorted for that one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.