Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

Final DLC, Shen's Last Gift, out now

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

As all the DLC packs, I found this to be pretty stealthily released. I just noticed my game was updating and it seemed longer than it takes to update mods so I checked for news and there it was. Shen's Last Gift adds 'SPARK' units, which are MEC's to your squad in addition to one (I think?) new unique mission. Unlike Enemy Within, you don't rip the arms and legs of your own soldiers to create these, they are just their own robotic units.

As with all the DLC, I'm afraid to say that this looks overpriced for what it is yet again. A new unit and a new mission for 10 bucks/E-Bucks seems steep. That said, if anyone here is batshit crazy about XCOM like I am, it's still easily worth it. I still play the game consistently and one new class with what looks like all new abilities is great.

Overall, the DLC has been somewhat of a let down. I will say that Alien Hunter's was very interesting and it's a ton of fun to have these overpowered aliens routinely show up on your missions to complicate things. But it has all been pretty minor DLC for the price I'd expect more for. But damn it if the actual game isn't still amazing to play, so I honestly am not complaining too much.

I'm starting a new game to check out this new DLC as we speak.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm really hoping that they announce an Enemy Within style addition but I have feeling they won't :( I don't think XCOM 2 did especially well for them and I reckon this will be the end of the updates for it. It's such a shame as it is a much better game than the first one but it got pretty hammered when it came out.

I haven't played it again since I finished it but this might be enough to get me back in. Anyone else still hoping that they make good on the TFTD teaser at the end and give me an underwater expansion?

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dlc for this game has been a bummer. They added some neat stuff but not enough to justify the price. I wish they'd add controller support already so I can finish the campaign

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arabes: XCOM 2 sold better than Enemy Unknown even though it only launched on one platform.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Oh wow, I didn't realise. I really thought it had done poorly. That's good to hear, thanks man.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teddie

@zevvion said:

@arabes: XCOM 2 sold better than Enemy Unknown even though it only launched on one platform.

Uh, you wanna back that up with any kinda source or anything? Finding it hard to believe it did better in a few months than EU did across its lifetime.

Unless you just mean it sold faster in its first weeks than EU did or something, which I could understand.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By atomicoldman

I just remembered I got the version of this that came bundled with the season pass, and I am now full of regret.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can't wait to upgrade my gpu and play this again. i just made minimum spec and got through it, but whooo boy it was cranked down.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

Alien Hunters alone was worth the Season Pass for me.

Anyone looking to jump back in, I highly suggest going on the workshop and looking into "Grimy's Loot Mod". It adds Diablo Style Loot drops to what the enemies drop. You have to make the choice when you research between the typical upgrades, and unlocking the boxes that hold the loot. Getting potentially crazy, but limited quantity gear, on top of the Alien Hunters stuff, has made additional playthroughs on top of the ones I had previously significantly more enjoyable.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OurSin_360

You can get all 3 dlc's for 13 bux right now during steam sale. Don't do the buy all dlc thing as it is glitched and charges for the season pass and the dlc's

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.