Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

Published a sweet mod for XCOM 2, mere hours before the DLC launches

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Edited By Zevvion

After creating custom classes for myself, I moved on to the next project of creating two custom SPARK-classes. These have turned out not-broken enough to publish, so I did.

Ever since their first introduction SPARK's have been criticized. They can't bring any items, can't upgrade their weapons with weapon mods, can't install PCS's, can't take cover so they get hit all the time and not all their abilities are fantastic. Oh, also, their aim sucks. People always considered it less efficient to bring a SPARK along.

With this mod, I intended to not just change that perception, but flip it. I want you to feel like a fool if you don't bring one alone. Both these SPARK's have an intended role. One is an assaulter and tank, the other a sniper and support. They should be disgustingly good at their intended roles so they are actually preferred over regular soldiers. Which is what I want because these things are so expensive at 2 Elerium Cores that you can only make a limited amount of them, contrary to soldiers that are just endless.

On the flip side, they still have disadvantages over regular soldiers. Less item carrying capacity for one. Also cannot pick both perks like you can in the DLC that releases tomorrow for regular soldiers. As a result, they should be adequately balanced.

If you're ever interested, you can get it here.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

That's a bit of a weird timing innit?

I wonder what the upgrades to them are in the expansion (i haven't watched ny lets plays past the first new major mission, to keep things interesting) and if those will be enough to actually make then viable? Especially considering all the new and regular soldier improvements that are going to spike their effectiveness even more.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@tennmuerti: The 'problem' with War of the Chosen (it's super awesome, but in regards to SPARK's) is that it is buffing the base four classes significantly by allowing you to select both perks on promotions, adds more powerful items SPARK's cannot use and introduces the powerful Bonding System SPARK's can't interact with. The upgrades to SPARK's they have made are: higher aim (their aim was crap) and 'can equip weapon mods now'.

If anything, War of the Chosen, for all its glorious awesomeness, only makes SPARK's even less desirable since they can't take advantage of any of the new toys.

That said! If this came across as if I fixed a problem, that was not my intent. It's just intended to be a mod for people who like using SPARK's and want more reason to take one with them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.