Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

WARNING! Unchecking DLC at Campaign start doesn't actually disable it!

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GundamGuru

This screen is super confusing, but the unchecking those options doesn't actually remove the content. I specifically unticked all three DLC boxes because I didn't want to fight those bullshit cheesy bastards with all the other WotC stuff going on.

No Caption Provided

Well, here they fucking are, and I either need to figure out how to kill this thing with a group of squaddies (on mission #10), or start this campaign over, losing a whole night's progress. Not happy right now.

No Caption Provided

If you want DLC content to not appear in your campaign, UNINSTALL those DLCs. That is the only way.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yeah, it says in the blurb there that the content is still in and the check only disables the intro mission to it. If you leave the content installed, the left-side text box on the big map screen when you select an alien facility will warn you in yellow text about a powerful alien being present, so you don't have to activate them until you do that facility mission.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GundamGuru

@bocckob: Only if you tick the Integrate box. If you don't chose Integrate, apparently the Alien Rulers just randomly drop into missions. This was not an advent facility mission. It was a randomly generated resistance op that rewarded a scientist.

Also, you only get the text explanation while hovering over the relevant checkbox, otherwise it's the top (WotC) checkbox description. Terrible failure of menu design.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you uncheck "Integrate DLC" the Alien Rulers aren't supposed to show up until you do their story mission. I've had that mission sitting on my Geoscape for awhile now, and I've been intentionally avoiding it until I get better equipment. Maybe you've got a mod that's messing it up?

They did change the way the Rulers work a little bit. If I remember right they only get an action when you attack them or move, and not when you do stuff like reload. It still sounds rough (I haven't played this DLC yet), but maybe a little better?

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane said:

If you uncheck "Integrate DLC" the Alien Rulers aren't supposed to show up until you do their story mission. I've had that mission sitting on my Geoscape for awhile now, and I've been intentionally avoiding it until I get better equipment. Maybe you've got a mod that's messing it up?

Nope, that's what happens if you do check Integrate. Without checking it, it apparently reverts to this "base game" behavior, except you then have the option to individually disable the story missions.

I'm also running modless. For what it's worth, I went ahead and started a new campaign. Firaxis really screwed this up for there to be this much confusion going around regarding the DLC.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bane

No, sorry. My personal experience and the devs themselves says otherwise.

• Uncheck integrate: you get the story mission on the Geoscape, and the Rulers don't appear until you do the mission (this is what I did, and what is happening in my game)
    • Check integrate: the story mission is disabled, and the Rulers are moved to ADVENT facilities (I've seen this in a Let's Play)

Something must be up with your game because they aren't suppose to appear randomly no matter what option you choose.

This is from the AMA Firaxis recently did:

Q: From what I understand integrating the previous two DLCs with the expansion removes the two story missions. What was the rationale behind that? They are such a blast to play through.

A: War of the Chosen doesn't remove the missions, but it does disable them if you use our "Integrated DLC" option to balance the DLC content (particularly how the Alien Rulers work) with the new expansion features. You can still play both of the DLC story missions if you turn off that integration! Both the Alien Nest and the Lost Towers mission happen very early in the campaign, and we wanted to add another big narrative mission for WotC (Lost and Abandoned). Having three huge, lengthy missions back-to-back would be really draining for new players, so that was one of the reasons we turned them off for the default experience.

Q: As a follow up, if you opt to turn off the Integrated DLC option does that not keep the balances made to the enemy units/sparks?

A: No, the balance changes will always be there.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane: Source from your AMA. If you uncheck all three options, disabling both the integration and the story missions, the Rulers go back to roaming. A huge surprise, to be sure. They are still nerfed in their abilities, but since their missions are off, they free roam.

No Caption Provided

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundamguru: I get it now. The first time I read your post I misunderstood what you were saying. Sorry about that, and thanks for the info!

I still have to do the Alien Nest mission to activate the Rulers. Depending on what I think of them I might try the integrated option next time, or I might disable them completely.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BoccKob

@gundamguru: Oh, okay. Yeah, then if they just pop in whenever, that's total crap. The ruler reaction thing makes them harder to fight than the Chosen. That DLC was really a waste of money for me either way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.