Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

Xbox One Version

Demonsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I'm thinking about purchasing the Xbox One version, but I'm nervous because the PS4 has load times that reach 10 to 15 minutes near the end of the game. Does the Xbox One have this same problem? How are the load times? Any performance issues other than load times?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm thinking about purchasing the Xbox One version, but I'm nervous because the PS4 has load times that reach 10 to 15 minutes near the end of the game. Does the Xbox One have this same problem? How are the load times? Any performance issues other than load times?

The load times were long for me, but nothing over 2 minutes or so, even late game. Although, I didn't have many save files.

As for other performance issues...there are quite a few. Nothing that breaks the game or anything, but the frame rate bottoms out when a lot is going on and, weirdly, during some cutscenes. Overall, I really liked it, and it sounds like it isn't all that different from the kind of funky PC version. The controller is mostly well used too, save for a few situations (it's really annoying that you can't change the camera when you're tossing a grenade -- you have to back out one level -- it sounds silly, but it added up for me).

Long story short, I'd say go for it!

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nasher27

Xbox One port is fine for me. Haven't gotten super late so I can't speak to that, but I've put about 2-3 dozen hours in and have had no problems. Frame rate seems fine as well.

It's been a good port for me!

Demonsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Awesome! Thanks for confirming! I feel better about purchasing it now. Does anyone else have experience from the later parts of Xcom 2 on Xbox One in regards to loading times?

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

It looks like maybe the Xbox One version is better than the PS4 version? Cause there are all sorts of horror stories of the loading times on PS4 getting to several minutes in the late game. I'm thinking of picking it up on Black Friday, and maybe I'll have to get it on the Xbox One instead of the PS4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.