Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Does anyone want to help pester 2K to put X-Com on Vita?

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just really want X-Com: Enemy Within on vita you guys.

Should we tweet them? Is this a thing? How expensive (he asks ignorantly) can it be to do the port?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

It's just not worth doing. People who own a vita and were interested in this game already played it on other systems.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no way in hell, they would just be wasting money

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bluefish

@corruptedevil: But Vita owners have proved we'll spend money on almost anything good on the system, whether it's out on other platforms or not. X-Com seems perfect for the system.

Or maybe it's just a dream of mine that will never come to pass.

Like a Samurai Jack game made by team Ico...

*sigh*

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be easier to get xenonauts on vita, since it seems it's a very indie friendly system.

Right now releasing anything for that system seems only worth it for small indie devs really... and even then I think even for those small indie devs the PC is stlll the better option so...

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Zevvion

I have a Vita and XCOM is one of my favorite games of the past generation. Needless to say I would murder a kitten to get it on there. But it won't happen. Because money.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would buy it in a heartbeat if it came to the Vita, but I don't see that ever happening.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Seppli

I'd rather pester them for a proper next gen sequel, that's designed with formation based realtime movement until contact with the enemy, and 100% line-of-sight based combat. Like first person target aquisition, allowing to target anything in the environment with pinpoint accuracy, just like the old-school 90s original, and get a percentage on how likely it is to shoot true. Dial up the destruction to 11, with the granularity and density thereof as seen in the E3 demo of Rainbow Six: Siege.

That's what I want to see.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already on Android and iOS, I can't imagine a Vita version would be of much use to many people.

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds great! ithey could port the iOS version with controller support a boom must buy!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im with you buddy, but whats more likely to happen is that it gets up on playstation now and then users will be able to play it on the vita like that.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I played it on 360 but never got Enemy Within. If it came out for Vita I'd be much more motivated to buy it.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Solh0und

I said this in the Youtube comments of the iOS version quick look that this would be a great game for vita. I would have rather had that than Borderlands 2.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258

I said "I'd buy it" somewhere on here but it didn't post...

Anyway, yes, I'd buy it. I am not going to play X-Com on my fucking phone, I would much rather play it on a system with actual buttons. And if you need the touch screen, the Vita still has a touch screen.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm still waiting for Risk of Rain, that shit will be perfect on Vita when (if :( ) it gets there.

xcom's a pipe dream, pretty much.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would buy XCOM for my Vita. I can't see it ever happening, though. :(

I think your best bet would be hassle the dudes at Sony who're trying to shore up Vita ports and such?

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If it came out on Vita I would buy it, if for no other reason than to support Firaxis. However, I doubt I would ever play it. I have played through the game on 360 (several times) and PC, tried it out on iPad, downloaded it but haven't played it on PS3... so I think I have pretty much had my fill, even though it is probably right near the top of my favorite games of all time list.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would rather see them make a new XCOM. The first game was a kind of crappy first attempt that could be much improved on by taking a close look at that Long War mod, abandon the idiotic decision to make aliens come in little groups that always gets to move first, and include semi-random maps.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gike987: I'm sure there is a new Xcom being made right now.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they made a decent XCOM game (or maybe even a similar game) on Vita, with a skirmish mode so I could do some pick up and go matches and not have to worry about the campaign or other players, I would probably buy a Vita for that.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

It's crazy to me how many of you own a vita. I've never met anyone with one of those.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! I've said this for a while, it's the best of both worlds. Draw pathways and scan around the map with the touch controls and then move units with the analog sticks and shoot with the buttons.

Or better yet, Sega greenlight a new Valkyria Chronicles for the Vita!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BisonHero

@veektarius: Yeah, same for me. Going to PAX East, I saw like a hundred or two 3DSs in lineups while people waited, compared to like 2-3 Vitas.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By BrittonPeele

If you want a portable XCOM-esque experience you should check out that Ghost Recon game that launched with the 3DS. Highly underrated strategy game.

gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also buy this in an instant, but know it won't happen. Turned based squad tactics would be perfect on the Vita - fortunately we're meant to be getting Frozen Synapse sometime.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#26  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@veektarius said:

It's crazy to me how many of you own a vita. I've never met anyone with one of those.

It's not too crazy to find that on a gaming site, what I've found more surprising is that there are other people than me at my job who have the Vita, and that NEAR keeps finding a few hundred people with Vita's in my pretty small neighborhood.

As for @bluefish's question, maybe tweet that Giocorsi guy. #Buildingthelist and all that. Sony managed to get Borderlands to the Vita, and that's a much less obvious fit for the system than a strategy game. You should probably focus your efforts on letting Sony know you'd love to have the game on the system, and maybe they can make it worth 2K/Firaxis' time to port it. What I heard Sony paid 2K/Gearbox to get that Borderlands port.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I just put 50 hours into the game over the past month, and this would probably allow me to play it again. XCOM on the go is a great idea.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GaspoweR

Well, they already put out a version on devices that have a much, much larger install base and just porting that game which would be 2 years old at this point on a system that has even less that number would just be an added expense and they probably wouldn't even have anything to gain from it.

I mean if I had a Vita I'd buy again in a heartbeat but therein lies the problem. I don't have a Vita so do a lot of other people. I do have two iOS devices though and I've played XCOM on both. :/

@fisk0 said:

@veektarius said:

It's not too crazy to find that on a gaming site, what I've found more surprising is that there are other people than me at my job who have the Vita, and that NEAR keeps finding a few hundred people with Vita's in my pretty small neighborhood.

As for @bluefish's question, maybe tweet that Giocorsi guy. #Buildingthelist and all that. Sony managed to get Borderlands to the Vita, and that's a much less obvious fit for the system than a strategy game. You should probably focus your efforts on letting Sony know you'd love to have the game on the system, and maybe they can make it worth 2K/Firaxis' time to port it. What I heard Sony paid 2K/Gearbox to get that Borderlands port.

Well...while we're at it we could also BADGER Iron Galaxy's Dave Lang to do port since they did the PS Vita BL2 port, too.

No Caption Provided
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: Did you forget the part where the Vita version of BL2 is AWFUL?

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GaspoweR

@corruptedevil said:

@gaspower: Did you forget the part where the Vita version of BL2 is AWFUL?

NO AND I BLAME LANG :D

KoValik317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WE DID IT Y'ALL!!!!!!

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluefish: Well, did you buy XCOM on Vita???

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@counterclockwork87: So here is the problem: It's coming out weeks from Invisible Inc. which looks to have a ton of the same DNA and got talked up a lot in the GOTY podcasts. Both are $20 and I have a hard time getting a port of a game I've played over a just-as-good newer game I haven't.

Plus a year ago I wasn't paying a mortgage.

...but I think I'm being called out on it. So I will. AND I just looked it up like I've been meaning to and it DOES include the Enemy Within content. So:

Boom.
    Boom.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.