Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Free 15 dollars if you preorder at Amazon

ikusaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ikusaba
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

In a similar vein of preorder value, you get Sid Meier's Civilization V for free if you preorder on Steam. Potato, potato.*

--

*Pronounced exactly the same.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sanity

Only good if you get the retail game which is pointless considering that the digital version is 15 bucks less already plus the free copy of civ 5. I already own civ 5, sure but its still a better deal.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By AngelN7

@dudy80 said:

Only good if you get the retail game which is pointless considering that the digital version is 15 bucks less already plus the free copy of civ 5. I already own civ 5, sure but its still a better deal.

It's a good deal for people planning to play it on consoles.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Its not free if you have to pre order

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mesoian

And if you want the game on the day of release, you have to cough up 4 bucks shipping.

That new shift in ideals might push me away from using Amazon for games.

ChaosDent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ChaosDent

@dudy80 said:

I've never seen a difference between official retail and Steam prices at launch before. That's interesting. The Amazon digital deal is $45 already and also includes Civ 5, so you could save $5 over Steam that way.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sanity

@ChaosDent said:

@dudy80 said:

I've never seen a difference between official retail and Steam prices at launch before. That's interesting. The Amazon digital deal is $45 already and also includes Civ 5, so you could save $5 over Steam that way.

I meant the amazon deal, but yea, its a good deal if your getting the console version dont get me wrong, but i think most people will be getting the pc version.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

Or you can get it on Greenman Gaming for like $30. They seem to always have a 25%-30% off code running on their site at all times and they apply to any game you can buy/pre-order. And once they come out you can just apply the code to Steam and have the best of everything!

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sanity

@crusader8463 said:

Or you can get it on Greenman Gaming for like $30. They seem to always have a 25%-30% off code running on their site at all times and they apply to any game you can buy/pre-order. And once they come out you can just apply the code to Steam and have the best of everything!

Dont work on the NA version as they already have it marked down 10%

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By crusader8463

@dudy80 said:

@crusader8463 said:

Dont work on the NA version as they already have it marked down 10%

Weird that they singled that one out. A month or so back I bought 2-3 games with a 30% off code on top of them already having 20%-30%. I bought like 5-6 brand new pre-orders for like $30 a pop.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jams

The Amazon digital version seems to have added Civ V for the PC version, but no $15.

Pre-order and get the "Elite Bonus Pack" and "Civilization V" free
    Pre-order XCOM: Enemy Unknown digital download and get the Elite Soldier Pack and a free download of Civilization V. The Elite Soldier Pack includes a Classic X-COM Soldier, Soldier Deco Packs, and complete color customization options. Once the game releases on October 9, 2012, you will get an email notifying you that you may redeem your free download of Civilization V. Return to the Civilization V page and place your order before November 8, 2012, and the price will be reduced to make the item free. To read a Firaxis Q&A Session for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, click here. The bonus will be available in the product packaging. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. This offer will be extended to all pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Dizzyhippos

Eh the steam version of it is $10 cheaper and comes with civ 5

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By VooDooPC

The Steam version isn't $10 cheaper than the Amazon digital version, it's $5 more and the Amazon version comes with Civilization 5. The only reason I see to order on Steam is if that Team Fortress 2 stuff is worth $5 to you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I'm getting it for PS3 (PC isn't an option for me) so the Amazon deal is great. Now I can get Dishonored for 15 bucks less.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By solidwolf52

@MagusMaleficus: Same here, i feel like sometimes the internet forgets that not everyone has a gaming PC.

jakemuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakemuffins

greenmangaming is still the best deal for steam

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By killacam

i just got this through GMG but didn't get a code for civ V. will it show up after xcom is released, anyone?

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Slow_pC

I think you get it and the 10 bucks credit on launch of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.