Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Reloading weapons with an xbox controller

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arabes

I have xcom on the PC but have it hooked up to my TV so I enjoy playing games with the xbox controller when possible. However I have noticed that with the controller I can't reload my gun whenever I feel like. With the mouse, you just click on the weapon in the lower right corner. With the controller this isn't possible, I can only reload when I empty my clip. I've looked online but I can't find any refernece to this issue anywhere. Am I just missing a button or something? There are unused buttons on the controller so it'd be a bit fucked if they just left this out.

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Gravier251

To reload manually with a 360 controller it should just be a case of hitting the right trigger to access the abilities then just scroll through to the reload icon. Pretty much the same way you would trigger things like run and gun, grenades, etc.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bell_End

you just go into the firing view and select the reload icon

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arabes

Dammit, I never noticed it there. I thought that the aim icon changed into the reload icon when you ran out of ammo in that clip. I must check this out when I get home.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CenturionCajun

It does change when you're out of ammo. However, at any time you can reload. It's just moved over towards the end of the bar near Hunker Down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.