Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

XCOM Quick Look?

BleedTheFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BleedTheFreak

I'm surprised the guys haven't been talking about this on the bombcast, considering how much they seemed to enjoy it when they talked about it from playing it at various conventions (E3 and PAX I believe). Are there plans to do a quick look, has anyone heard? I would think that this game would be a fun QL indeed.

rflx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rflx

It's not out yet. 
    And I'm sure they'll do a Quick Look of it.

WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WonderboyCoz

Of course there is going to be QL of this, but the game doesn't come out for 2 weeks.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MeierTheRed

@BleedTheFreak:

Kind of surprised about that too. Multiple sites have had the developers on podcasts, or giving people demos of it. I know Polygon has a preview copy and so does Pc Gamer.

BleedTheFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BleedTheFreak

Sorry, I should have clarified - the press recieved a large chunk of the game (the first 25% or so) a few weeks back, and several sites (including IGN and PC Gamer) have been posting footage and previews, but I haven't heard anything from the GB guys, so maybe they didn't get that press preview? That seems unlikely, but possible. Maybe they just didn't get into it, being too buys with other projects?

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RazielCuts

Would they be allowed to do a Quick Look of a press preview build or would it have to be a QL EX with someone there? I know they've done a few in the past (Sleeping Dogs for example) but it's probably different for each developer. I expect we'll find out more on I Love Monday's.

BleedTheFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BleedTheFreak

@RazielCuts said:

Would they be allowed to do a Quick Look of a press preview build or would it have to be a QL EX with someone there? I know they've done a few in the past (Sleeping Dogs for example) but it's probably different for each developer. I expect we'll find out more on I Love Monday's.

I would assume they could, only because other sites have been doing them.

For example, and for anyone interested, this thread on the official forums have been collecting all the videos and previews since the embargo (if there was one, but everything started on the same day) lifted on the preview build the press was sent - http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?134821-General-XCOM-Preview-Thread!

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By fox01313

Not long until this comes out & the bigger question is not will there be a QL of this (obviously there will be one) but who will be in on the QL. Also it seems that the crew here will do the QL EX or a demo when it's the official one or when someone from that studio comes by for a visit but until the game is out it's rather silly to do a QL on some teaser. The people on the site seem excited enough for the game that it's not going to be missed in coverage when it comes out.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By JazGalaxy

I think they just don't do Quicklooks on preview builds. They usually try to show off all the modes and whatnot in a quicklook, and, unless they did 2, they wouldn't be able to show off the whole game in a preview build.

Just be patient. It'll come.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ares42

If anything we might see a QL EX (although I would assume that would've already been out by now), other than that though GB doesn't really deal in previews. They talk about events and what they see there, but other than that games doesn't really exist before they are released. As for who's doing the QL I'd be surprised if it's not Vinny and Ryan, definitely Ryan as I'm quite sure he'll review it.

BleedTheFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BleedTheFreak

I was just curious, especially since no one mentioned it at all on the podcast. I know Gamespot is doing a live stream of it today with some of the Firaxis guys in the office with them (that's in 2 hours) so maybe they plan on swinging by the GB offices as well to stop in and record something. Who knows? I mostly just like the GB guys the best in terms of commentary and watchin them do a QL (obviously, these guys are awesome) so I was bummed that of all the coverage we've gotten over the last few weeks, GB has been so quiet on the subject. /shrug

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Funkydupe

Hoping for some replayability value in this game. Good/addictive gameplay. I'm happy that Firaxis is doing it. They should know turn-based games well.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MeierTheRed

By the way, the demo is out on Steam later today.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ares42

@BleedTheFreak said:

I was just curious, especially since no one mentioned it at all on the podcast.

Not to sound too harsh, but there's a reason why their game segment on the podcast always starts with "what have you been playing?". They don't really ever talk about upcoming games unless it's an actual news piece. Although from what you're saying a QL EX later this week sounds quite plausible.

BleedTheFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BleedTheFreak

What? I'm almost positive they have discussed games they are playing based off preview code before? It's not like it's old code or anything, it's just designed to cut off after gettng so far into the game - but to that point everything is identical to the release code (barring day 1 patch of course). I'd be more convinced they just never got the preview build, than decided not to talk about it at all because it's "not based on final, release code".

deathstroke75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By deathstroke75

if you are interested in checking some more of it out....Gamespot is doing a live stream of it today at 10am pacific. Also the demo is out today on Steam.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MeierTheRed

@deathstroke75 said:

if you are interested in checking some more of it out....Gamespot is doing a live stream of it today at 10am pacific.

Or as i wrote earlier, just download the demo and try it your self.

Direct link to demo on steam.

BleedTheFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BleedTheFreak
    Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Akyho

Look at the top bar. It says. XCOM:ENEMY UNKOWN LIVE! 1H 18MINS.

The quick look is going to be recorded soon....patience folks.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Zurv

it is a VERY short demo.. under 20min. totally worth it tho :) Above is about 55% of the demo.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
    WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@Akyho said:

Look at the top bar. It says. XCOM:ENEMY UNKOWN LIVE! 1H 18MINS.

The quick look is going to be recorded soon....patience folks.

Hopefully it's an actual preview build they're gonna show and not the demo that was just released- the demo would not make for a good live show. :\

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Akyho

@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

Hopefully it's an actual preview build they're gonna show and not the demo that was just released- the demo would not make for a good live show. :\

Watching I love Mondays and they say they have two guys from Firaxis to show off Xcom. So its a Quick look EX with the preview build.

All is sorted. Except now they are talking bout just throwing that out and instead sitting down to play Sim golf instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.