Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 29, 2015

Xenoblade Chronicles X from MonolithSoft is an open-world action RPG about humanity escaping the destruction of Earth and fighting off their attackers with transforming mechs on an alien planet. It is the spiritual successor to Xenoblade Chronicles.

New Trailer Released for Xenoblade Chronicles X

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By JBG4

I absolutely loved the first game in the series and the scope, based on this trailer, of "X" seems to be huge.

There are mechs, cars, spaceships, giant tentacled water or maybe earth creatures, etc..

According to the end of the new video the game will release sometime in 2015 which is fine with me, because as of right now, there isn't a huge number of games that I'm looking forward to this year so I think I could find the time to pour 50-100 hours into a well made JRPG.

If you own a Wii and haven't played the first Xenoblade Chronicles then give it a shot if you can find a copy for a decent price.

So, here's the trailer. What do my JRPG fans out there think about it?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Xenoblade ChroniclesX is the name of my straight edge band.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You cannot find a copy of the original for a decent price. It cannot be done.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Have they shown combat? All I've seen of this game is exploration. World looks cool and really large.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus3dog: I read somewhere after TGS that the combat is similar to what was in the first game. So, a little more "actiony" to use a word that isn't a word.

@corevi said:

You cannot find a copy of the original for a decent price. It cannot be done.

I'm not saying you should steal one... but you should totally steal one.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ten bucks says this game has some type of KOS-MOS analogue.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@cerberus3dog: There was a video of combat going around middle of last year and the combat did not look interesting at all. It actually really soured me on the game because up until then I was all aboard to buy a Wii U just for this title. Now that footage may have just been early, but if the end product is like that it'll dampen my want for this game a lot.

Here's a video of actual gameplay from E3 last year. Skip to about 24 minutes to see janky ass combat.

Loading Video...
    tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: get a european copy and emulate it. It runs pretty great now, Dolphin has had some massive performance improvements in the past year.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Combat looks extremely similar to the original. I actually enjoyed it once you got into the chain attacks and all that... there were some cool maneuvers you could pull off.

Targeting body parts was a nice feature of the combat. You could take out the leg of a large enemy and it would take more damage after it went down, or it wouldn't be able to attack while down...

Menus looked horrible there, but as you said, it's probably a pretty early build. I have faith after how much I enjoyed the first one that this one will turn out to be a pretty good game, of course, I'll reserve full judgement until I play it but the aesthetic and scope of the world have me intrigued.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Corevi
    @tuxfool said:

@corevi: get a european copy and emulate it. It runs pretty great now, Dolphin has had some massive performance improvements in the past year.

I've already played it, I'm just saying for other people.

Didn't particularly care for it. The combat system never clicked with me, the quests were tedious and all the characters were unlikeable. Whatta buncha jokers is still pretty funny though.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tuxfool

@corevi: yeah. I liked it fine, but the combat didn't blow me away. It was very different and new, which I appreciated. I really liked the exploration and structure even if there were a lot of tedious quests (which I didn't do).

It is a shame those guys seem to have absolutely zero talent at making decent character models. The old game had appalling character textures (likened by somebody to painted faces on eggs).

The models in the new game are better but look really derpy.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Teddie

I really hope they have actual characters this time. The only reason I remember the names of anyone from the first game is because I had to listen to them repeated a hundred times over in every combat scenario.

Vehicles seem like a good idea, especially when they stick a giant sea level in and expect you to swim for 5 minutes straight to get to areas hidden away at the edges of the map. But then again, what if I can't pick up the glowing blue balls all over the map to complete the thousands of mindless resource-collecting sidequests!?

Yeah, I didn't like the first game much, but I can see something really amazing coming from iteration on that game. Based on the combat video above, it will not be this game.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@tuxfool said:

@corevi: yeah. I liked it fine, but the combat didn't blow me away. It was very different and new, which I appreciated. I really liked the exploration and structure even if there were a lot of tedious quests (which I didn't do).

It is a shame those guys seem to have absolutely zero talent at making decent character models. The old game had appalling character textures (likened by somebody to painted faces on eggs).

The models in the new game are better but look really derpy.

Yup, not really fond of the character designs in the last one and in this one. They revised Shulk a bit for Smash Bros. making his look less, as you say, "derpy".

Also the visible ass crack from that one android-thing was pretty distracting.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IAmNotBatman

Man, I completed Xenoblade Chronicles... and barely remember anything about it. Game was fucking looong, may not have helped that I went a bit crazy in feeling the need to kill everything at least once and do most of the shit you can do in it. Went through a ton of podcasts playing it too. I'll pass on another, like 3-4 weeks of freetime which I don't remember at all.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game looks beautiful, but holy crap, I hope they improve those running animations. If they keep British accents from the previous game, I'm sold.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By OllyOxenFree

This game looks beautiful, but holy crap, I hope they improve those running animations. If they keep British accents from the previous game, I'm sold.

When he jumped off the cliff I was expecting him to smoothly transition into a mech. No, it was just an awkward-looking falling animation.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

That was really cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.