Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 29, 2015

Xenoblade Chronicles X from MonolithSoft is an open-world action RPG about humanity escaping the destruction of Earth and fighting off their attackers with transforming mechs on an alien planet. It is the spiritual successor to Xenoblade Chronicles.

Ungh Yeah Yeah: The Xenoblade Chronicles X GB Squad

• 57 results
    wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wildpomme

So Xenoblade Chronicles X is out and it has both passive and active multiplayer. There isn't really a way to make clans or the like, but a squad can be formed with people on your friends list or from people that you have favorited in-game. I created this thread so us Giant Bomb users can share our Nintendo Ids and go kick some asscave, I mean indigen, ass. A squad can have up to 32 players at a time. Depending on how many of you there are, maybe we can form multiple squads.

The passive multiplayer consists of squad tasks where everyone in the squad (in their own game) contributes to killing a certain amount of indigens or by collecting stuff.

By completing the squad tasks, squad missions are unlocked and this is where four players can actively team up and go fight stuff.

There is also the global nemesis thingy, where the entire squad gets deployed to go fight a super duper monster.

If you want a more in-depth explanation of how multiplayer works, check this out. If you wanna play together, just post your Nintendo Id and I'll put it here in the first post in a list, so it's easier for people to find.

Nintendo IdCharacter NameDivision
    RazzuelChloePathfinders
    Fabricant451KarinaMediators
    AegonVandelayRyInterceptors
    DoctorDonkeyJackOutfitters
    TakayamasamaaGamoraCurators
    EnnerBladeMediators
    Kagato
    vagrant1017
    BoozakBoozakInterceptors
    jeddynin
    t.tocs
    DizzyLemonsDizReclaimers
    ForcenForcenOutfitters
    GamerBKLSenyaReclaimers
    InstantRyanRyomaOutfitters
    SlySpiderBlakeInterceptors
    eskimo103BartReclaimers
    TericsMarnaCurators
    RalewynRalewynProspectors
    BleshooMonaPathfinders
    RaiShiroganeInterceptors
    Wikitoups
    BigRedAusStevePathfinders
    legerridSelenePathfinders
    Bedouin7CainInterceptors
    OrguamOrguamPathfinders
    Bobert213AlisonCurators
    HajitorusMotokoProspectors
    williamflipperWillMediators
    DaierraJurckOutfitters
    WheredyagoDavey
    Hachor
    Fraggle
    cav829MotokoReclaimers
    ToastCrustOlive
    DarkEzekielJohnProspectors

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yo add me so I can do things and stuff. All Mediator bros get an extra thumbs up for me because I'm a Mediator and I will solve your problems so hard.

Nintendo ID: Fabricant451

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

NNID: AegonVandelay

I've just been fighting chumps around the beginning tutorial area, haven't entered New LA yet. Will add you guys once I get past the first few tutorially bits.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Is this even possible? Every time I've booted the game up, it's made me join a squad, and every time I go to join a friends squad they are in a different squad than last time. It seems the squads are constantly being made and remade.

NNID: DoctorDonkey

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NNID ID: Takayamasamaa. Currently a level 30 Sword Melee with a badass Skell waiting to help! Curator first and foremost. Been playing this game an insane amount, and don't plan to stop, would love to play with a bunch of duders.

Character name: Gamora

Edit 12/6 8:11 HST: Added the people above me! When the list gets about 15+ strong, I'll start only joining Friends and Fav squads!

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

NNID: EnnerBlade

Hopefully my Special Edition arrives on time on Thursday. Looking how its in Illinois now, I somewhat doubt it.

Is this even possible? Every time I've booted the game up, it's made me join a squad, and every time I go to join a friends squad they are in a different squad than last time. It seems the squads are constantly being made and remade.

Yeah, the squads aren't static. People come and go within the connection. Maybe a squad can be friends-only if that option is set by all friendly players logging in.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I'll be playing the game a whole bunch next week (though i should be dipping in and out randomly this week too), add me if it helps build up the missions etc, im in a UK time zone so actually teaming up is likely to be limited to weekends. My Nintendo id is Kagato

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eribuster said:

@doctordonkey said:

Yeah, the squads aren't static. People come and go within the connection. Maybe a squad can be friends-only if that option is set by all friendly players logging in.

Once multiplayer is unlocked, you choose your squad type every time you boot up the game. So if we all choose "Friends' Squads" we'll be put into a squad that they are in.

vagrant_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vagrant_gamer

This may be the first time i've posted to GB forums but I believe my NNID is vagrant1017. I'm down to play with ANYONE who doesn't spam L+A to yadda yadda shaddap!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down to play with ANYONE who doesn't spam L+A to yadda yadda shaddap!

After about the tenth one of those popped up in a row I turned off BLADE reports entirely.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

NNID: Boozak

I'm not too far in but i'm liking the game so far. Feels way more japanese than the first Xenoblade for better and worse.

jeddy201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NNID: jeddynin

I'm really enjoying the game so far but there's a few things that i'm really nitpicky about. Like not being able to target enemies outside of combat to initiate combat with them. The game said to hold R to target but every time I do nothing happens?

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

I've been playing a bunch, so feel free to add me as well: nintendo id is t.tocs

Hamborgini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dizzylemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NNID: DizzyLemons

Are EU and NA able to play together? If so i'm in.

jeddy201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#17  Edited By Forcen

NNID: Forcen

Gonna add you all!

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
    SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SubliminalKitteh

NNID: GamerBKL

Galactic Knight

Reclaimers

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Feel free to add me, I don't think anything is going to be played on my Wii U besides XCX for a long while.

NNID: InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay added more people! Cool to see this potentially shaping up.

Also the most expensive level 30 Skell is freaking game breaking...i feel like a god among lesser intelligent wildlife!

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NNID: Slyspider

I'm an Astral Crusader at the moment, getting a skell tonight I hope.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wildpomme
    @brightside said:

Are EU and NA able to play together? If so i'm in.

I haven't found an answer to this yet. Worse case, two of us are gonna have to test it out. If the multiplayer ends up not being cross region, I'll ask everyone to provide their region and split the list of Nintendo Ids by NA and EU.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By eskimo

NNID: eskimo103

I added everyone already on the list. I'm in Australia so there may be some region issues with squadding up.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NNID: Terics

Curators represent! Really liking this game.

TomV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NNID: Ralewyn

Stoked to play with you all!

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By wildpomme

I'm learning more everyday. :D

The way the squads are set up isn't the most conducive to actually playing with other people (which is odd given it being multiplayer and all). So let's say you want to be in a squad with other GB folks. Well, when you boot up the game, you're gonna want to go to Friend's Squad. Now here's where there can be a problem. As far as I can tell, the first person to sign on needs to choose an LP squad or a Conquest squad. That's the only way to "generate" a squad. After the first person joins that squad, everyone else can go to Friend's Squad and start piggy backing off each other to join the same squad that the first person joined.

TLDR: Check Friend's Squad first for GB members that are already online and playing.

@brightside: So I take it you're in the EU region? Because I think I joined the squad you were in earlier? Character name Diz?

@vagrant_gamer: Did you type your id wrong? vagrant1017 doesn't work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh yeah now that I have people on my friends list I have been jumping into their squads, but it's a bummer it doesn't make one of all your friends. Though i understand why it wouldn't, if you don't have 32 friends online to make a squad. Still though, at least this means I can navigate to a fellow duders squad and mess around. I usually tag my messages with my characters name after I send one also, to help ID me. My characters name is Gamora, a green lady with a cool face scar!

Also anyone interested in getting a group for the new Global Nemesis? This time it's a level 35 thing, I think one of the big flowers. I'm happy they aren't all level 60 gods, that must have been the pre-launch one to make sure no one could down it. I'd like to try to down each one that's up during the time I spend with this game.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will the group actually be trying to achieve squad goals so we can do squad missions together?

I'm totally in if so, haven't managed to play with another player controlled person at all yet.

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count me in!

NNID: Bleshoo

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousreiven said:

Will the group actually be trying to achieve squad goals so we can do squad missions together?

I'm totally in if so, haven't managed to play with another player controlled person at all yet.

Yeah, that's part of the idea behind this, including the global nemesis, which requires BLADE medals from completing squad missions. Plus all the other aspects.

I did a squad mission with whoever's character's name is Gamora. Which, maybe character name should also be added to the table up top. Haven't done much else together yet though. I don't want to speak for everyone, but at least in my case, I'm still very much getting my feet wet (and that's at 20 hours of playtime, haha).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razzuel: Oh hi that was me! Yeah I forget that you can toggle it to show character name or NNID, at least when examining someones character status. But I am the green lady! I have been jumping in the squad of whoever is online every time i play, and a lot of times 5+ people on my friends list are all in the same squad. I'm assuming those are you fellow duders, and it's cool that it works, at least so far. I really wish you could opt in to a "squad chat", sometimes it's a pain to communicate through the quick messages.

I've been trying to join any squad mission I see someone pop into while I play, unless I'm in a story quest. I think I'm almost done with the story anyway so I'll be able to jump into those things like a fiend, and everyone else should too. Not just for fun playing together, but REWARD TICKETS! I vastly underestimated how useful those things are. So many "monster drop" items can be purchased with reward tickets, and I have saved sooooo much time on quests that say "hey go bring me 3 magic dohickys" and instead just going to the social terminal and seeing if they are purchasable. 8 out of 10 times they are! So I have double downed on my effort to kill squad task enemies and also do missions.

Also the current Nemesis goes away in a few hours, if anyone wants to tackle him, let me know. I went in with just my NPC pals and got him to like 1%, but I didn't have my A-team (had a team I was just raising affinity with, didn't think to switch out my main guys until I was already in) so with other players with skells, it seems super easy.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh yeah, sure this sounds great. Especialy that globabl nemesis thing, that sounds amazing.

Nintendo ID: RaiShirogane
    Division: Interceptor

SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SubliminalKitteh

Pro tips from someone who has played past chapter 10.

If you want to help do squad tasks but don't know what the symbols mean, hold in R and press L to cycle through each icon. Refer to the collectapedia to determine the region to find those quests.

Don't be afraid to just run around enemies 20 levels ahead of you. Even if they chase you, they'll leash well before your entire team is dead. Quick way to build up FrontierNav. Enemies 3 -5 levels ahead of you can easily be beaten one at a time, when in your Doll enemies up to 10 levels above you can be taken on.

Doll is still better than Skell, but we all know this game would make a hell of a lot more sense if they just called them all Gears.

Fuck lobsters.

Do Stella's quest ASAP, they unlock cool shit, and also a lot of story.

Do affinity quests, sure you'll have to play as the characters that are low level, but most of the stories from those quests are pretty interesting.

When flying and want to reduce fuel use, use the glide feature by hitting both ZL and ZR, sure you'll lose altitude, but if you just fly upward first and then glide you can cover a lot of ground while using less fuel overall.

NLA has a lot of references to characters found in Gears and Saga, in fact a lot of the streets in NLA are laid out the same way places were laid out in Xenosaga, especially the central I. D. and underneath the A. D. hanger.

Chapter 10 Boss:

Zu Phaerg takes more damage the more pieces you break from him, tell your team to concentrate attacks on the weapons to limit the damage to your own team. It's safe to ignore ALL of his minions. In second phase keep pummeling his parts especially the eye, tail, and wings. Don't be afraid to lose to the second form. The fight will start up on the second phase, and you will have full health and fuel if you remembered to do that.

Fuck lobsters. No seriously, fuck all 99 of those lobsters.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wikitoups

I just bought it yesterday wand will play some of it this weekend! my NNID is Wikitoups

Edit: Game name is Wikitoups, Im in the Pathfinders!

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#36  Edited By Eribuster

Finally, the game is mine! I've joined the Mediators in a bit of role-playing. Looking at the Division rankings, it looks like Prospectors will always be at the top by having the game idle and the probes gathering Miranium.

I've left off at Chapter 3 for my first session with the game. It's looking like I still have major network features to unlock even though I'm 5 hours in to the game.

EDIT: Oh! I forgot to enter my character name. It's Renne.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subliminalkitteh: Man I'm with you, fuck that chapter 10 boss. Also fuck a bit of the final boss...if some bad stuff happens you can get stuck between cutscenes in a rough spot.

Also wow the Global Menace thing is way weirder then I thought, I didn't really think it's RP was it's health...but it looks like it is. That is an insanely high number, and I don't think the community will be killing one for a long time. At least you get rewards based on what you chip away at him, but man, I REALLY wanna know if the whole server gets a super nice reward if we actually kill it, or if nothing special happens XD

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh! I'd love to join up with you guys to make a GB squad.

NNID: legerrid

Character: Selene

Division: Pathfinders

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bedouin

I got this game a few days ago and am loving it so far. I still don't understand all the multiplayer stuff yet but would love to join up with this group.

NN ID: Bedouin7

Name: Cain

Division: Harriers

Great title for this tread by the way!

Orguam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NNID: Orguam

Character: Orguam

Pathfinder

SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: I think things show up in the Global Spoils tab in the multiplayer terminal. Most likely high level weapons and armor. Don't know if this game has the concept of armor sets or not...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subliminalkitteh: That tab, for what I've seen so far, just shows the Intersteller materials you get based on how much RP you take off the Global Nemesis, I haven't seen weapons or armor be a thing, yet. Not to say they can't be, but I think super rare mats is probably all that is, since everyone can use those.

SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: SPOILERS for everyone but me and taka

Holy shit if Lao doesn't turn into Albedo I'm going to be fucking pissed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bobert213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NNID: Bobert213

Character: Alison

Curators

Hajitorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

NNID: Hajitorus

Character: Motoko

Prospectors because fuck you pay me (although I might switch now that I've maxed out miranium purchases for now?)

Currently stuck on chapter … uhm it's a boss fight with some cats in a white place? I think it's chapter nine? And after this some pretty important things open up?

(Also yes Takayamasama I already feel that spoiler and if you're named after the place in Japan that's even better.)

Avatar image for deactivated-61b64fdbd7632
    deactivated-61b64fdbd7632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Sounds great to me !!

nnd: williamflipper

Character : Will

Division :Mediators

Jurck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First thing I saw when I got access to squads: "you guys suck." So I came here!

NNID: Daierra

In-game name: Jurck

Division: Outfitters

TheMathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Hey my NNID is WheredyagoDavey. I'll be adding a few people from the list above but add me if you like.

guerrajr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hey my NNID is Hachor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.