Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 10, 2010

An RPG developed by Monolith Soft, for Wii and New Nintendo 3DS. Two great civilizations that live on the vast bodies of slain deities have been at war for aeons, and now with the development of a dangerous superweapon, things are finally coming to a head.

Do I need glasses?

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By alternate

Anyone else find some of the text really hard to read in this game? For example the HP stats etc and some of the tutorial tips. Not sure if it is the font and size or that SD fuzz the wii sometimes gets on an LCD but I am finding this game is very much a lean forwards on the couch kind of experience.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I have a nice big(ish) TV so it's not hard to read at all. It's HD too and the game looks great

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Cue component vs composite thread.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Mass Effect 2 was the same way. Some of the text in that game was hard for me to read.

How big is your TV?

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By IAmNotBatman

@xyzygy said:

I have a nice big(ish) TV so it's not hard to read at all. It's HD too and the game looks great

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By bibamatt

Some LCD TVs make a lot of Wii visuals really bad, whether you've got composite or component. I borrowed a fairly cheap LCD recently when I was between TVs and my Wii games looked like shit. Xenoblade DOES have lots of little text. Annoying!

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Xeiphyer

Are you using component or composite cables? And how big is your TV?

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ttocs

Most likely your tv isn't big enough.  If you have a tube tv. then that's your problem right there.   Flat screen tv's are the norm nowadays and it seems most companies are making their games for bigger tv. sets.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SomeJerk

If you're actually stuck using that little yellow RCA cable to get your visuals and cannnot switch to something better, I feel quite sorry, but even with Xenoblade through RGB Scart on a CRT, solid non-bleeding beautiful colours, it had a fuzzy look to it by design that I could see getting in the way :|

modedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By modedude

I played Xenoblade on a small CRT with a scart cable, it was perfectly fine.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Modedude said:

I played Xenoblade on a small CRT with a scart cable, it was perfectly fine.

Well, that's pretty much the best way to play Wii games. Pure RGB signal on a crisp CRT.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By toowalrus

I'm playing on this weird widescreen CRT with component cables- the game looks like garbage, but that's only because it's, ya know, a Wii game. The text seems fine.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By MetalBaofu

I got the game on Tuesday, but have yet to really play it. I started it and some of the text is horrible. I've never had this problem on the Wii before, but I just can't play it the way it is. I do have a shit TV that has no component inputs. I play my Xbox and PS3 through my computer monitor(VGA for Xbox, HDMI for PS3). I have ordered this Wii to HDMI adapter thing, so I can hook the Wii up the same as I do my PS3. That should allow me to set the Wii to 480p instead of 480i, and hopefully will fix my problem with the text.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.