Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 10, 2010

An RPG developed by Monolith Soft, for Wii and New Nintendo 3DS. Two great civilizations that live on the vast bodies of slain deities have been at war for aeons, and now with the development of a dangerous superweapon, things are finally coming to a head.

Xenoblade is #1 game on Amazon!

minus_273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By minus_273

As part of a fan revolt against Nintendo of America, many fans have banded together under operation rainfall to preeorder Xenoblade (Monado in the US)  on Amazon, moving i up 62,800%  to #1 overall in the video games section of Amazon.com. At a certain point, hopefully NOA will release this game in the US esp. considering it has already been translated to English for Europe's release in Sept. 

No Caption Provided
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By UnrealDP

So the internets protesting again......

Ugh, so whats everyones beef with nintendo this time, i mean, importing isn't a whole lottta money, especialy from europe.

Is it really worth it to do this when the hardcore fans are gonna get it one way or the other, nintendos got their reasons.

Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bear

There is also a letter-writing campaign going on and they are being bombarded by comments about Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower on Facebook.

I wouldn't call this a revolt against Nintendo, more like a request.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

62,800% is quite a leap forward.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

@rebgav said:

@UnrealDP said:

nintendos got their reasons.

I can't think of a single valid reason to refuse to take a big pile of money.

I know right? They literally have tons of people lining up at their door money in hand ready to get down.

It's just a bunch of fans saying they want to play that game and not have to mod or buy another console to play it.

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By dragonzord

@UnrealDP said:

So the internets protesting again......

Ugh, so whats everyones beef with nintendo this time, i mean, importing isn't a whole lottta money, especialy from europe.

Is it really worth it to do this when the hardcore fans are gonna get it one way or the other, nintendos got their reasons.

It's okay for Nintendo to ignore their core market? If it's just as easy as importing; why isn't Nintendo just bring it over? I understand the Japanese to NA thing. I understand the NA to Europe thing. I don't understand when you have a game IN English, and you just let it sit there. Especially when you're trying to get the core audience back

minus_273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By minus_273
    @Bear:  
    The game is already in english. The amazon list is for best selling game. More people are buying the un annonced xenoblade than  #2call of duty black ops Ps3 or even #3 nintentendos own Zelda for the 3ds. This isnt just saying "we'll buy it"  we've already  preordered it. 
    Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ninja

It is nice to see our 'gamer' community rally together like this in an attempt to make a big corporation listen to the fans who never have and never will abandon them when their 'casual' money making audience are long gone. I'd like to see a fairy tale ending to this but who knows.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Masha2932

This may be the efforts of a vocal minority and I have a feeling that if this game is released the sales will not reflect the fervor shown by the fans. 

I think Nintendo should release this game on the wii shop channel, reducing their costs and satisfying customers at the same time.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

Two things that piss me off:

1. Monado? Seriously? That name fucking sucks.
    2. WHERE IS THE FIRE EMBLEM LOVE!? If you guys are gonna bother Nintendo about something, at least bother them about a game that doesn't have a guaranteed release outside Japan, yet.
    amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By amomjc

Stuff like this makes me happy I don't have an affection towards Japanese games. I couldn't bear knowing a game I loved, or could love, doesn't really have a release and I'd have to learn another language just to play it. (May not be the case for this game, but a lot of Japanese titles, yes)

minus_273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By minus_273
    @Masha2932:  Again, unlike previous campaigns, the people here have put their money down.  Xenoblade is the best selling game on amazon right now. Not the most wished for, best selling.  No idea what the numbers are for that, but considering it has beaten Ocarina of time 3DS, I imagine  its  a substantial number. 
    bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bishna

really hope this works cause I have been craving a good jrpg for a while now.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel

@Video_Game_King said:

Two things that piss me off:

1. Monado? Seriously? That name fucking sucks.
    2. WHERE IS THE FIRE EMBLEM LOVE!? If you guys are gonna bother Nintendo about something, at least bother them about a game that doesn't have a guaranteed release outside Japan, yet.

Man, we get it. You want Fire Emblem over here. I sympathize. I do. But you have to understand that it's not the only game to have been seemingly forgotten.

Additionally, you should study up on what a Monad is. :P

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @Hailinel

Seemingly is the key word, here. Keep in mind that Xenoblade has a grass roots organization writing letters to get it released in America; Shin Monshou no Nazo has nothing, even from the fan community. I seem to be the one Japanese soldier who didn't know that World War II ended, only I'm Lunarian and World War II is any hope that the game will get an English translation :P.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Marz

When did they change the name to Monado?   Xenoblade sounds alot better.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Dalai

@Marz said:

When did they change the name to Monado? Xenoblade sounds alot better.

It's been Monado here in North America for a few years now.

I'm probably not going to buy the 3 games that are in the forefront of the import movement (Monado, Last Story, Pandora's Tower) but I'm all for more games coming to America even if the games aren't going to sell in the millions.

minus_273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By minus_273
    its called monado because that was the name when it was announced two years ago. It was later changed to Xenoblade but since nintendo never mentioned the game again in the US, it was never updated on amazon  

@Dalai
    :  

Have you preordred Monado yet?  
    http://www.amazon.com/Monado-Beginning-World-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002IM1MYG 

we need to maintain the position. Also wish list last story and pandoras tower (since there are no preorder pages )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.