Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 0

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 12, 2015

A prequel to the original Yakuza set in 1988, featuring a young Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima as dual playable protagonists.

Beast in the East - The Supplemental Material (SPOILERS)

• 59 results
    BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

Diegoberb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Diegoberb

Votes for:

• Rouge of love with Majima
    • Stolen pants substory
    • Daigo substory
    • Fortune teller substory

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

Rouge of Love - Majima karaoke. Non-optional IMO.

The end of the real estate story line could be interesting to watch.

Watch a few more rounds of the Soft on Demand videos (can skip the videos if pushed for time) - should trigger a couple of fun substories with each character.

Find the mushroom seller - alley in north-east Kamurocho - and buy from him a few times. His friendship is suitably dumb.

Looking at the Heat move compilations to see what you missed could be fun (Majima's fourth style has a particularly brutal one that you can virtually spam).

A lot of people are suggesting the Daigo/Fortune Teller/Rise of the Dragon substories, but I'm not convinced you'd get much out of them as they heavily reference the 'future' games. It's the sort of thing that'd be more interesting to see after the other games IMO.

Nothing else too essential comes to mind (there's gameplay stuff you missed -- drug stores, weapons store for Kiryu etc. -- but it's a bit late now :p).

For stuff outside of the game, I'd definitely have a skim through the videos in this blog: https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/a-bunch-of-videos-for-beast-in-the-east-yakuza-0-1809411/ Seeing the VAs and the Mr. Shakedown/Mr. Moneybags interviews is rather interesting IMO.

To round it out, here's Takeuchi Riki (a.k.a Awano) covering Morning Musume - Love Machine in wrestling character:

Loading Video...

slipperyfox23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By slipperyfox23

@ind1gnation: I second this would be a cool way to end the stream. or even the gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xctBy0jHbPg

I'd also be interested in seeing what those multiplayer modes are in the title screen.

estragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very small thing, but please, get the last training from the breakdance master for Majima. Really cool heat action, and i think you can already learn it.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By InternetDotCom

Many of the things that are suggested here are good ideas. As someone stupid enough to 100% this game the only other thing I can think of is a bit more of the underground fighting league so you can fight a bear, but I'm honestly not 100% sure how long it takes because at some point my world became mahjong

Sravingmad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Sravingmad

Definitely have Majima do Rouge of Love.

Also yeah, watch the video about the secret fighting styles you get from the business stuff.

Here's a TWO HOUR video of someone completing all of Majima's cabaret club stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4KY1hB_SM0 Obviously you wouldn't want to watch all of it (or even most of it) but you could jump around in it some to catch the story beats.

Something you should do in game is the friendship with the girl at the arcade. Just go to the arcade and play Out Run and talk to her. I think you have to play like 5 or 6 times to finish it? This is the horniest quest for Kiryu in the game.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

Something you should do in game is the friendship with the girl at the arcade. Just go to the arcade and play Out Run and talk to her. I think you have to play like 5 or 6 times to finish it? This is the horniest quest for Kiryu in the game.

This is a great quest that slipped my mind. Majima has a similar one for Fantasy Zone.

You've just reminded me of the few Mega Drive jokes that come up as well, that I hoped the Beast crew would stumble upon (Mr. Libido making a Blast Processing reference, and in Majima's club training: "You have a Mega Drive?" "No, the more popular one").

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I loved this series I hope you guys do another one soon. I've never played yakuza but always wanted to see you guys play through them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.