Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 0

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 12, 2015

A prequel to the original Yakuza set in 1988, featuring a young Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima as dual playable protagonists.

Not played the game in a year

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got to chapter 3 and haven’t played it in a year. Can I just watch the cutscenes again from the main menu or is there critical story stuff that I would be missing if I don’t reply the first few chapters?

I remember most of the sub stories I did but don’t remember everything from the main story. I would prefer to not have to play 15 hours again but I will if I would be missing something. Thanks!

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By odinsmana

Some info dumps and plot stuff is delivered outside of cutscenes (in the text only conversations you have in the game world), but if you have played the section before you will probably get most of the stuff you need from the cutscenes and remember the important stuff that is not in cutscenes. Even if you don`t remember everything it will probably be fine since the game is decent at recapping and reminding you of the most important stuff.

yourbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or you could just watch the first couple (few, several?) Beast in the Easts until they get up to chapter 3. More enjoyable than trying to find info on a wiki and probably less time consuming than replaying.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Efesell  Online

I thought that there were 'last time on' style cutscenes for when you switched to a new perspective, if so combining that with just rewatching some of the bigger scenes would probably be enough?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recall there being chapter recaps. You'll be fine.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

I think you can watch the unlocked cutscenes from the menu before you jump in?

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Captain_Insano

Just watch all of Beast in the East

It won't solve your problem, but it'll be fun anyway

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.