Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 26, 2009

Sega's Yakuza series moves to the PlayStation 3 for its third installment, bringing all the comically brutal beat-em-up gameplay, Japanese RPG storytelling and various mini-games with it.

Impossible to get Preorder DLC in EU now?

Vessel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I guess I should have expected this. I recently finished Yakuza 3 and during the game was hoping to play any sort of boss rush mode the game had available. I found out that there is a boss rush mode of some sort in the form of a tournament at the coliseum, but that it was partof the prerorder DLC. As used copies don't include codes and are all probably expired anyway, I thought it might be available on PSN but there is only a challenge pack for the game that includes a two player mode and costumes. Searching around, I haven't found anyway with this issue so maybe I missed some way of unlocking the content?

Have I missed something? I don't think I have so I figured I might as well just ask on a forum. Giantbomb seems to have a Yakuza fanbase after all. I don't expect a solution, just a little bummed I won't be able to fight Hamazaki now, who apparently is available in this DLC. Suppose this is also a reminder of the drawbacks of online content.

Migh as well also ask, without spoiling anything, does Yakuza 4 have a boss rush mode?

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Teddie

It wasn't pre-order DLC, it was included in every copy as far as I can tell. Looks like it's not up in any PSN store for sale, and I don't think it was up when I played years ago, so maybe it never was?

If it helps, the code I got with my copy says it expires 28th March 2015.

EDIT: The boss rush DLC for Yakuza 4 only came with the Limited "Kuro" Edition, and that only came out in EU. You're not gonna find that one cheap, either.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@vessel28 said:

Migh as well also ask, without spoiling anything, does Yakuza 4 have a boss rush mode?

There's a way to fight any boss in the game (except the final ones and Amon) but you have all your heat actions disabled.

Vessel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: @teddie: Alright, thanks. It's a shame I won't be able to play 3's DLC but it was still a great game regardless. Now to play 4 after doing some final 3 side content.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i thought the dlc gets released free after a while i mean the american shirts and stuff for deads souls which was pre order stuff came out for free not long after release

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@darkvare said:

i thought the dlc gets released free after a while i mean the american shirts and stuff for deads souls which was pre order stuff came out for free not long after release

Same with Yakuza 4 but for some reason not 3.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

You are already missing stuff anyway since they took out a lot of things in the English version. I got the code with my new copy of the game but I don't think I ever played that part. I just did the story.

Vessel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I just found sort of what I want in the "Ultimate Skill" mode unlocked after completing the game. A mode available on disc to everyone. I'm glad there is a way to re-fight bosses without having to restart. I feel pretty stupid not checking this mode first, I just assumed there would be no other option other than the DLC. I doubt all bosses are there, but I'm only on Lau Kong as of now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.