Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 08, 2016

The sixth chapter in the Yakuza series follows Kazuma Kiryu as he tries to unravel the events that lead to Haruka's hospitalization and the parentage of the infant child she has with her.

Tips for first time importing and playing foreign game?

KSCK26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I've never imported anything without an English language option but see people beat games all the time online without any knowledge of the language. I feel like the language of gameplay is universal and I shouldn't miss out on a cool experience because I'm intimidated. I played a ton of the Japanese FFXV demo before release and didn't have many issues so I felt ready to attempt a full game. I have bought Ryu Ga Gotoku 6.

So my question is this: what resources should I use to assist an untranslated play through? I have a translation of the wikia and the google translate app to help with some item description, any other recommendations?

KingPorkbun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Enjoyment from the Yakuza games for me comes from the story and dialogue, with the rest of the fun being in the silly minigames and the over the top style of the combat. Bare minimum you're going to want a translation of all the main story dialogue and cutscenes.

I'm not trying to be mean but you made a huge leap to go from a gameplay demo with next to no meaningful dialogue to a game who's main selling point is the dumb/silly/melodramatic mafia story. Actual gameplay that doesn't require the ability to read japanese or a translation is like 10% of the game.

Good luck but I got a feeling you're either going to regret your decision or put way too much effort into making sense of a game that's going to get released in English in a year and a half.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.