Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza: Dead Souls

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

The sixth title in the Yakuza series, replacing the previous games' semi-realistic storyline with a 'what if' story about a zombie invasion, still starring Kazuma Kiryu and other major Yakuza characters.

Akiyama as a sole protagonist.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cannonballbam

After playing through 4 and now Dead Souls, I have found to be intrigued by Akiyama as a character. The relationship he has with Hana, as 'Laurel and Hardy' as it might be, works towards his personality and really fleshes him out as a well rounded character. I know Toshihiro Nagoshi has made jokes about continuing Kazuma Kiryu's story even if he became a teacher. It just seems like they hit paydirt with Shun Akiyama and how it seems like we will never see a release of the Yakuza: Black Panther PSP games in the U.S., I just wondered if anyone else felt the same or liked a different character better?

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Morrow

@cannonballBAM:

I actually feel the same :)

Yakuza 4 was my first Yakuza, and while I like Kiryu best regarding looks (I'm a woman after all...), I must say the most likable character was Akiyama. I just liked his attitude and his quirks. He was cool yet modest, and a good person overall without being too "pale" as a character. I'd definately play a game with him as the only protagonist ^.^

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Right now I'm doing Y4 and got pretty disappointed when Akiyama's chapter finished. Right now I'm in Tanimura's and it just isn't the same even if I am winning endless money playing baccarat.

I'd definitely want a game with Akiyama as the only main.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cannonballbam

@Lunar_Aura: Yeah i felt completely the same after I finished Akiyama's chapter. To be honest, you will get some of that charm and story in Yakuza Dead Souls, enough to validate your beliefs that he needs his own game. I just had so much fun doing the side quests and hostess maker. I was hoping the game would still ooze dialogue that I hadn't heard yet.

: I felt exactly the same way, they had given him such a strong back story that made me sympathize almost instantly. I enjoy the other characters like Tanimura and Saejima, heck even Goda Ryuji and Majima in Dead Souls, just none felt as right as Akiyama.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.