Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 07, 2017

Yakuza Kiwami 2 is an "extreme" make-over of the original PS2 title for the PS4.

(Slight Spolier) Returning Cast Member from Zero added in new Content

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Puchiko

Miyuki Sawashiro who plays Makimura Makoto is back!!! All new Majima Goro story Content that shows the creation of Majima Construction (which is featured heavily in Yakuza 4)

Clan war from Yakuza 6 featuring New Japan Wrestlers making a comeback as well.

*edit* changed DLC to content since it will probably be integrated into the story...

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Kiwami 2 looks so good! I am also really happy that it seems like the Majima stuff has some substance. When they first announced it I kinda expected it to just be a really short bonus thing.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OurSin_360

I was kinda bummed when i found out that character did not show up in the other games. I need to get back to 4, yakuza 2 is by far the best in series so far for me so kiwami 2 should be good.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoOzak

All I remember from Yakuza 2 is fighting tigers and stomping on chandeliers so the idea of revisiting this game in the Dragon engine seems great.

I know some people think bringing back Makoto is a bad idea since things were left in a good place, but personally i'm all for it. I doubt they'll kill her off or anything like that.

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lazyimperial

Oh man, I really hope this comes to the states. The Yakuza 0 coverage here finally got me into the franchise, and got me in deep. I've now played a chunk of Yakuza 0 and have Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza: Dead Souls, and Yakuza 5 all waiting in the wings (with Yakuza 6 pre-ordered).

You've sunk your hooks in me Sega. I need this. :-P

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Majima's whole story is dlc? i thought that whole storyline was included in kiwami 2, still excited though, any opportunity to flesh out majima's character is fucking awesome.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Puchiko

Its probably built it. The story I read on Gematsu translated it as DLC so it could just be a misprint. But the game hasn't been fully revealed so we won't know until its officially out. Original Yakuza 2 you only played as Kazuma so adding a new chapter as Majima seems likely

@mrfluke said:

Majima's whole story is dlc? i thought that whole storyline was included in kiwami 2, still excited though, any opportunity to flesh out majima's character is fucking awesome.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@puchiko said:

Its probably built it. The story I read on Gematsu translated it as DLC so it could just be a misprint. But the game hasn't been fully revealed so we won't know until its officially out. Original Yakuza 2 you only played as Kazuma so adding a new chapter as Majima seems likely

@mrfluke said:

If I remember correctly in previous western releases of Yakuza games they would just include what had been DLC in Japan for free, so this also might not even be anything we will have to worry about.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsmana: That was all weapons and items and stuff though. They've never done a big story add-on before. Which is why this probably included with the base game, but if it's not, I really can't imagine they'd just give it to us for free.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

That looks so fucking good.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By odinsmana

@zeik said:

@odinsmana: That was all weapons and items and stuff though. They've never done a big story add-on before. Which is why this probably included with the base game, but if it's not, I really can't imagine they'd just give it to us for free.

You`re right. It`s different from what they have done before. A scenario where I can see them giving it away for free even if it`s a big thing is if the game just takes a long time before it`s released here. Similarly to how Rise of the Tomb Raider for example had all the DLC included when it was released on PS4. Not exactly the same thing, but we can hope.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@puchiko: @odinsmana: I feel like they wouldn’t go to the lengths of featuring majima and his section of the story so much in the trailers, to then swing around and say “oh he’s dlc”

And given majimas path in 2, unless they are going hyper crazy in fleshing out his role, I don’t see his gameplay sections being as long as it was in 0, so it’s not out of the possiblity his path is built in the game.

But at the end of the day, it’s out in Japan in December, so Weill know soon enough, I just hope it does well for them and they continue this level of remaster for 3-5

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: I really can't imagine them going to these lengths for Yakuza 3-5. It makes sense for 1 and 2, as they are several generations old and are missing many staple features of modern Yakuza. But 3-5 only came out last gen. I'm sure 3 will feel dated after Kiwami 2, but it's still pretty recognizably a Yakuza game. Maybe several more games down the line when they've got a new engine, but I'd be very surprised to see it happen now.

If we do see 3-5 on the PS4 I expect the usual uprezzed remaster treatment.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@mrfluke: I really can't imagine them going to these lengths for Yakuza 3-5. It makes sense for 1 and 2, as they are several generations old and are missing many staple features of modern Yakuza. But 3-5 only came out last gen. I'm sure 3 will feel dated after Kiwami 2, but it's still pretty recognizably a Yakuza game. Maybe several more games down the line when they've got a new engine, but I'd be very surprised to see it happen now.

If we do see 3-5 on the PS4 I expect the usual uprezzed remaster treatment.

Whether or not they are going to continue giving this treatment to 3-5 I have no idea, but I will say that I would prefer if they instead focused on making new games in the series.

Kiwami made sense I considering it`s the first game int he series, it was the 10 year anniversary and that so many of the threads in 0 tied directly into the first game. Kiwami 2 also makes sense I feel considering it`s considered by many to be the best in the series and it`s also a PS2 game as Zeik mentioned.

I actually played through Yakuza 5 again after I played through 0 earlier this year. While it`s not quite as smooth as 0 I still had fun playing through it. It`s still probably my favorite Yakuza game.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

@puchiko said:

@mrfluke said:

The Japanese on the Kiwami 2 site says it's "an [new] additional scenario," which is a common way over there of just saying it's new story content for re-releases/remakes and in this instance implies that it's part of the base game. Unlike Kiwami 1 in Japan, this is also being sold at a premium price, like most Yakuza releases and the DLC for the special edition makes no mention of the Majima content being siphoned off, so I think it's very safe to say that it's part of the base game and Sega's marketing language since this game has been announced has always indicated as much.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By TheChris

The Truth of Majima scenario is the same as Anywhere Majima, it's new content added to expand upon the original experience.

Francium34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By Francium34

looking through some reviews and screenshots, wow!

more returning characters too :

recruitable to club

No Caption Provided

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@francium34:

Yeah, Majima’s Number One, Yuki, is also returning as manager of the new Club Four Shine, along with the former co owner of Club Sunshine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.