Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza Kiwami

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 21, 2016

An HD remake of the original Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) game, for PlayStation 3 and 4.

They Nerfed The Golden Gun...

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I spent most of my play time just grinding CP points once the world opened up and ignored the story for about 20 hours. The reason is because the Golden Gun requires 85 CP points. I finally got it last night but it is so nerfed that it is useless. It barely does any damage now compared to other games. In Yakuza Zero the Golden Gun was OP and I used it in the last half of the game almost exclusively.

Not complaining about the time I spent grinding the CP points cause I enjoyed playing the game but it looks like they figured out all the exploits from previous games and fixed them (IE...Can no longer buy plates from gambling to get easy money)

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exploiting Yakuza games is a part of their charm. I remember back when I was playing Yakuza Zero I was beating the later half of the game with ease because I have upgraded both of the characters. Which I have considered as reward for spending my time with the side stuff on the game.

I wish that they didn't fix them.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By odinsmana

The game already has the Komaki Tiger Drop which can trivialize every boss encounter if you use it. Otherwise it`s really easy to switch the difficultly down to easy if you just want to get through the combat.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat all the bosses using the Mr. Shakedown exploit from Zero. Tauriner plus knife back to back to back

The game already has the Komaki Tiger Drop which can trivialize every boss encounter if you use it. Otherwise it`s really easy to switch the difficultly down to easy if you just want to get through the combat.

Noobsmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly the regular weapons seem to be ridiculously powerful. I guess I didn't really use weapons in the other games except for amon, but some of the boss fights in this game were really annoying me. I got fed up with one multi enemy boss fights near the end and pulled out my dragon god short sword and chopped them to pieces. I then proceded to clear legend dificulty in 3 and a half hours with my trusty gambling sword and 2 repair kits. Game might as well been on easy.

I highly recommend pulling out a strong weapon on some of the boss fights in this game.

wootootee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any debate that the Super Spicy Knife isn't the best weapon in the game, maybe the whole series? It's cheap to buy, it's mostly unblockable, it lights enemies on fire, and the heat moves for it are super powerful and don't lose that much damage when used multiple times. And after you get upgrades that improve weapon durability, you're pretty much unstoppable if you have 4 or 5 in your inventory. I beat Jo Amon and most of the story bosses with the spicy knife alone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.