Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Like a Dragon

Franchise »

A free-roaming action-adventure series starring Kazuma Kiryu, a former member of the Japanese Dojima crime family who is drawn into conflict against several Yakuza gangs. The franchise's games are marketed as realistic criminal simulations.

Should Dan play the Yakuza games?

• 61 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Should Dan play the Yakuza games? (462 votes)

Yes! 72%
    No!! 5%
    なに??! 15%
    SHOW ME THE RESULTS 8%

this is a thread because

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/776192414272720896

My vote is a strong yes, with the recommendation that he starts with either 3 or 4 because those hold up the best as games and have the most Rocky/Metal Gear/Wrestling esque anime-ass drama Dan is so fond of.

Also, it should be a damn ER, dang it.

I ask this only as a fan of the games and of GB! My soul needs to hear Dan describe a Dan play through of a Yakuza game. It would be absolute gold.

• 
    jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring on the Dakuza series

MudKatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MudKatt

The Yakuza games are so good, man. Good ole beat em up fun with some pretty cool action scenes and some good stories. That's not to mention the humour which is reallygood.

I don't know if Dan and the rest will ever give it a shot, but if anyone is reading this and is thinking about trying the games, don't worry too much about going in order and just jump in. You won't regret it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
    deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Yakuza is a lot like Shenmue, except it's actually good.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By ArtisanBreads

He has already played one and didn't even remember. Not a good sign.

Of course I would watch it. I enjoy them crashing against Shenmue more though and just want to see Shenmue 2 ER before anything else.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: Yeah I saw. Kinda deflated my enthusiasm for this little experiment. I would've hoped the over the top narrative made more of an impression. Oh well, still might be fun to see them all experience the whackiness together in an ER.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claybrez said:

@artisanbreads: Yeah I saw. Kinda deflated my enthusiasm for this little experiment. I would've hoped the over the top narrative made more of an impression. Oh well, still might be fun to see them all experience the whackiness together in an ER.

Well 3 is the weakest entry in the series. But I definitely see this as one of those things where everyone would enjoy it more as a group thing with Vinny and Alex along for the ride.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:
    @claybrez said:

Well 3 is the weakest entry in the series. But I definitely see this as one of those things where everyone would enjoy it more as a group thing with Vinny and Alex along for the ride.

Both true, but also this was a few years back (and prior to "New Dan"), so it's also possible he may be more open to it now versus previously. Example: I used to hate MMOs and now I've played a lion's share of em.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#58 chaser324  Moderator
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryckuza.

Yeah it checks out.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I remember really liking the first yakuza and thinking it was this cool standalone thing. Then they made 8000 sequels that all seemed really pointless...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Zeik

I remember really liking the first yakuza and thinking it was this cool standalone thing. Then they made 8000 sequels that all seemed really pointless...

Considering it's one of Japan's most successful and well loved series of the last decade (in Japan) it's hard to call any of it pointless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.