Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Year Walk

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 21, 2013

A 2D adventure game in which the player wanders the Swedish forest in an attempt to see the future, encountering folkloric creatures along the way.

Man this is great! I need more

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I got Year Walk after seeing a bit of the quicklook and loved it! I was surprised, as I had told myself I would never get a game for my phone, but this (which is one of my favorite things I played this year) has turned my views around on iPhone games.

SO. Are there any other games I should check out for my phone? Preferably something like this. Also feel free to discuss Year Walk, I'd like to see what others think of it.

Thanks!

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Haven't played Year Walk yet, but seeing the QL reminds me of Sworcery.

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cobra88king8

The Room is another great puzzle game with some horror elements. There's a quick look of it on the site although I'd advice against watching it unless you want some solutions spoiled but to each their own

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sword and Sworcery, The Room and now Year Walk are games that truly show off the iPad.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that it's on iOS.... Little Inferno. Some similar vibes as Year Walk

Avatar image for redcricketchase
    RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have any of you played Year Walk or The Room on an iPod/ iPhone? Or just on the iPad? I'm worried that they'd be sort of jank on my iPod touch.

m3ds334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@redcricketchase: Just beat it on my iPhone and it was fine in terms of screen size. The small screen size may have even contribute to the jump scares as you're so close to the screen, and pretty sure it'll run fine on your touch.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How scary is this? I'm SUPER intrigued by the discussion on the Bombcast, but I don't do horror games at all. Especially the psychological ones.

Avatar image for redcricketchase
    RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedCricketChase

@m3ds334 said:

@redcricketchase: Just beat it on my iPhone and it was fine in terms of screen size. The small screen size may have even contribute to the jump scares as you're so close to the screen, and pretty sure it'll run fine on your touch.

Thanks! I shall buy it :D

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Griddler

@theimmortalbum: A few jump scares. Very creepy atmosphere. I don't know how scary "too scary" would be for you so I suggest watching some of the quick look.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

There's jump scares, which by themselves are dumb, but the atmosphere makes the jump scares so horrifying you will want to quit progressing just to put off whatever scary shit the game wants to throw at you. Like in the quicklook where the atmosphere sucks you into its pretty and lucid environment only to catch you off guard. That and many more moments made me shout out loud. If you don't want to get scared too bad, do not play this game in the dark with headphones on. Quite the experience for a puzzle game, I say, and it gets even better once you've beaten the game.

One thing about the iPhone version: There's this one sequence that requires three fingers to perform different actions all in unison, and with the tiny screen it took me several minutes to get it right. If you have an iPad, get that version.

Avatar image for everydayodyssey
    EverydayOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By EverydayOdyssey

I liked the Year Walk - thought there was one progession step and one puzzle that was unclear. The progession step that I missed over and over again reminded me of that part in COD: Black Ops where you have kick down the barrels. In other words, I think a lot of people are going to have a problem progessing past that step.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was thinking of getting this on my iPad, I'll have to check it out.

burnsep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By burnsep

Can anyone confirm if it's playable on the 1st generation iPad?

Nefhril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Nefhril

@burnsep: I played it and completed it on iPad 1st gen. No problems!

JNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's short, sweet and fucking terrifying! The first time the ghost lady made an appearance, I almost shit myself.

I wish there were more of it, but at the same time, it doesn't need to (like Portal).

burnsep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By burnsep

@nefhril: Thanks! Looks like I'll be blowing off all social events this Sunday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.