Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 18, 2017

Yonder is a resource gathering exploratory game.

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

So here's a game that I only read about for the first time last week and is now coming out on PS4/PC!

Yonder's an open-world game with a story, in which you try to rid the world of the evil murk. You don't do in the traditional way of bashing skeletons and shooting arrows at orcs, though, because the game has no combat. Instead, you'll be helping the residents of Gemea island by doing various tasks like farming, fishing and cooking. So the game's kinda like Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley, I suppose, though I've personally played neither and have only heard some others descripe it by using those two.

I don't have a great track record with open-world games that offer me tons of things to do (and craft), but hearing that the game also has a story you can get through in 6-8 hours (in case the side-quests and activities get too overwhelming), I might just give this a try. I also like the visual style a lot.

Review embargo should be lifting up today.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been watching some of the gameplay and it looks like a brilliant gathering game. Another aussie dev doing great work.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
    deactivated-5c295850623f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought this today. It's the perfect game to mellow out and just look at nice scenery, nothing is really urgent or pulling you anywhere which I appreciate. It's just nice. Didn't know it was by an Australian team too, so that's a cool bonus.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I wound up spluring and bought this today. An hour and a half in and it's fantastic. It's definitely a resource gathering game, but without the pain-in-the-ass stuff you have to worry about constantly in survival games. It controls well, looks super pretty, and it just flat-ass makes me happy. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a chill game, or something with the sense of exploration of a Grow Home.

HUGE bonus points for the fucking magnificent compass. I could hug the developers for the sheer visual accessibility of the game, outside some tiny fonts for the quests.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.