Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Your Shape Fitness Evolved

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 04, 2010

Your Shape Fitness Evolved is a fitness game by Ubisoft for Xbox 360 which utilizes Kinect.

Nice achievement. Burn 10 000 calories

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By kalmis
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Wuddel

LMAO. It tops out at 10.000 kcal - thats like ... nothing.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By oatz

I honestly don't get the point of these games. Do half the "workout" you could get from just doing cardio for thirty minutes, but pay for it! It's not like the majority of the people who really will do this will eat right either, which is 95% of weight loss (it's as simple as a calorie deficit, God damnit). "Wow, what a workout, I need a reward. Time to gorge myself in pizza!"

It's depressing, really. 

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Jedted
    @oatz said:
    ""Wow, what a workout, I need a reward. Time to gorge myself in pizza!"  

It's depressing, really.  "

I think that most people have a little more self control than that.  Not all gamers are overweight either. 
    BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By BombKareshi

Personally, I think it's better to have a workout and then gorge yourself in pizza than to just gorge yourself in pizza.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

I guess it's time to start S ranking Kinect games.        :P

cepwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By cepwin

Well, I decided to give it a try...we'll see....often workout videos aren't tough enough (although I have tried some of Mindy Mylrea's videos and they *are* tough.)  The other thing is that a video is obviously a set routine as opposed to classes where the instructor can vary things up a bit (and most make it a point to do so.)  I'm hoping this new genre of "games" can provide workouts that are both challenging enough for people already fit *and* not become rote.

apeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By apeman
    @oatz said:
    " I honestly don't get the point of these games. Do half the "workout" you could get from just doing cardio for thirty minutes, but pay for it! It's not like the majority of the people who really will do this will eat right either, which is 95% of weight loss (it's as simple as a calorie deficit, God damnit). "Wow, what a workout, I need a reward. Time to gorge myself in pizza!" It's depressing, really.  "
    Nice straw man argument!
    Iron_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Iron_Past
    @cepwin: That's exactly why I'm interested in this. Gym memberships aren't that expensive, but personal training sessions sure as hell are, and I don't have enough knowledge to set up my own routine. If I can get a set of dumbbells and get a good provided routine with immediate feedback on how correct I'm doing a move (with the scanning and on-screen image), plus have the convenience of being at home--which means I'll be able to work out most every day instead of a few days a week--then that's great. Be sure to give feedback on the options and well you think the 'virtual trainer' stuff is.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Andorski
    @oatz said:
    " I honestly don't get the point of these games. Do half the "workout" you could get from just doing cardio for thirty minutes, but pay for it! It's not like the majority of the people who really will do this will eat right either, which is 95% of weight loss (it's as simple as a calorie deficit, God damnit). "Wow, what a workout, I need a reward. Time to gorge myself in pizza!" It's depressing, really.  "
    lol, what?  You can be thin and still be completely out of shape. 

Any type of "extra" for Americans will help.  If anything, shit like this is just a confidence booster to actually go to a gym or participate in physical activities.
    oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oatz
    @Andorski said:
    " @oatz said:
    lol, what?  You can be thin and still be completely out of shape.  "
    Where did I state otherwise?
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By JoelTGM

forget all this kinect fitness business or gym memberships and just go outside and ride a bike

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zombie2011
    @buckybit said:
    " From a medical point of view burning 10.000 calories in a day is deadly. Professional athletes burn far less on a practice or game day. Even professional cyclists (Tour de France) burn around max 8000 calories/day.   "
    The game devs aren't retarded. The achievement is overall calories not just for a single day.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By thatfrood
    @oatz said:
    " @Andorski said:
    " @oatz said:
    lol, what?  You can be thin and still be completely out of shape.  "
    Where did I state otherwise? "
    You suggest that eating pizza is something you can't do if you are getting fit.
    Henrikhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Henrikhoe
    @oatz said:
    You are so utterly stupid. 

I mean as a former personal trainer, most people who are overweight, dont like going to the gyms, because of their low self esteem, while at home they have expressed the problem of not knowing how to peform each exercise. I think its great your shape has arrived. I mean, yes a healthy food plan is equally important, but i feel when you have invested this much into the kinect + games, you have already consulted a trainer/doctor/internett and prepared a healthy died. 
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Wuddel

Just spend the first evening with this game. It is suprisingly challenging. There are some fidelity issues which allow for cheating, but I am actually looking for a good workout. That being said I took the fitness test 3 times in a row (bug?). What is a little bit of a let down is that it does not really give you a varied program you can follow. You just go down the route you initially selected.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CptBedlam

They should've put a "gain 30 pounds" achievement into the game as well, just for shits and giggles.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Shadow

This thread so far:

The Kinect player yells at the Rock Band player: "Get a real instrument!"
    The Rock Band player yells at the Kinect player: "Get real exercise!"

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Julmust

Cool achievement, this game looked cool. I'm not in terrific shape so I might get this when I get a Kinect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I always find it interesting to check the achievement progress on games, see what percentage of people beat the third level of a game to what percentage finished it.  It's going to be real depressing to see a ton of people with the 400 calories achievement and then slowly dipping down from there.

I'll try.  I was overweight in high school, and then I spent six months eating basically nothing and dropped 70 pounds, and stayed around that weight for a couple years, now I feel like I'm heading back up the hill.  See if I can combine a semi-regular Kinect schedule while lowering the frequencies of the cookie binge.

Don't think I can stop the three energy drinks a day, though.  My kidneys hurt when I drink them and my brain hurts when I don't.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By coaxmetal

I thought this meant 10,000 kCal, since in nutrition kCal are usually just called Calories. But if it just means 10 kCal, then that is super easy.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#23  Edited By Jedted

I've mostly been playing Virtual Smash(on easy, not coordinated enough to do the puches AND kicks) and i gotta say it's a lot of fun and you burn quite a few calories doing it. 

On the website they have a calorie converter which just says how much of what your total calories burned is worth, it'd be cool if they had a diet planner in there aswell. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.