Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 22, 2010

A downloadable Yu-Gi-Oh! card duel game for XBLA and PSN. Developed by Konami, the game features cards from the entire series, online duels, and leaderboards.

Coming this wednsday! Finally!

• 68 results
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shadow

It turns out this is one of the XBLA releases this week.  If you don't know what it is, then don't worry.  Despite the name, it's not card games on motorcycles.  It's duals from the most important characters in all the series.  That's not important though.  The thing to focus on here is:  ONLINE YUGIOH!  Finally!  It's been delayed to hell the past several months but it's finally coming!  I don't think I've ever been this excited for an XBLA game.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Jeffsekai

OH MY GOD

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I liked Yu-Gi-Oh like 5-6 years ago, I don't know anything past the first show.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

That''s cool.  Yu-Gi-Oh is fun but I haven't gotten really into it for years.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By craigbo180

Has there actually faithfully recreated yu-gi-oh video game? I've heard world series on the DS was good. Won't be getting this though isen't everyone kinda done with yu-gi-oh at this point?

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @craigbo180 said:

" Has there actually faithfully recreated yu-gi-oh video game? I've heard world series on the DS was good. Won't be getting this though isen't everyone kinda done with yu-gi-oh at this point? "

You haven't gone to a community college have you?  And the PSP Yu-Gi-Oh games have been like how the card game is played.
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Crono11

This is coming out at a good time for me. My friends and I were talking at the start of summer how we used to love playing Yugioh and we got back into it.  

Now that we're at schools in different cities this will be a great way to duel each other.  

This has nothing to do with the game but I finally broke down and bought a stardust dragon from a shop nearby and when I got home I learned that in the winter tins, you'll get one in the shooting star dragon tin...I was not pleased to hear that. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

Bitches Love The YuGiOh 
    Bitches Love The YuGiOh 
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shadow
    @craigbo180 said:
    " Has there actually faithfully recreated yu-gi-oh video game? I've heard world series on the DS was good. Won't be getting this though isen't everyone kinda done with yu-gi-oh at this point? "
    The GBA games were faithful to the card game rules.  There's no reason this wouldn't be, especially with online.  People are done with the card came because a while ago, almost all of the original good cards were banned from tournament play, which turned off most of the collectors (including myself).  I still love the game though, and I understand that to be the case for a lot of people who were hardcore fans of the card game.  I'm buying this thing the first opportunity I get.
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By ReyGitano

Is Mako in it? Cause if not, this game is junk.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Crono11
    @SlashseveN303 said:
    " Is Mako in it? Cause if not, this game is junk. "
    You mean that freaky fish guy?
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By ReyGitano
    @crono11 said:
    " @SlashseveN303 said:
    " Is Mako in it? Cause if not, this game is junk. "
    You mean that freaky fish guy? "
    He is not a freaky fish guy!  

But yes, him.
    allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By allprox

Can I shoot Tea in the face in this game? No. Then no thank you.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JJOR64

If it's 800 points, I will get it.  If not, then I guess I will wait.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#15  Edited By LordAndrew

Wait, so you're telling me there's never been an online Yu-Gi-Oh! game before? Why did it take them this long to get to this point?

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @LordAndrew said:
    " Wait, so you're telling me there's never been an online Yu-Gi-Oh! game before? Why did it take them this long to get to this point? "
    There was/is an online Yu-Gi-Oh thing for PC. 
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shadow
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @LordAndrew said:
    " Wait, so you're telling me there's never been an online Yu-Gi-Oh! game before? Why did it take them this long to get to this point? "
    There was/is an online Yu-Gi-Oh thing for PC.  "
    but it sucks.  And I don't knwo why it took them this long.  That's why I'm so goddamn excited.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By ch13696

Can we just get a Yu-Gi-Oh game with a real story?

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Rockanomics

I had absolutely no idea people still cared about Yu Gi Oh

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By shirogane

I'll just...be over here playing Magic by myself... 

Kinda funny that, over here Magic is quite a bit more popular than Yu-Gi-Oh. Though there are people who still play it a lot.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By Icemael

An online TCG is like an online tabletop game. 99% of the appeal just goes right out the window.

But then again, I don't like online gaming in general -- I never even play games that were designed to be played online in the first place, like Battlefield, without having at least one of the other players with me in the flesh.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#22  Edited By ArbitraryWater

So, uh, this is more exciting than King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match? Because that also totally comes out on Wednesday. And isn't based on a Children's Card Game (props to those who get the reference).

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shadow
    @ch13696 said:
    " Can we just get a Yu-Gi-Oh game with a real story? "
    It's a card game.  Even the anime, the thing the card game is based on, has a story that's totally stupid.  Aside from a gigantic tournament/contest situation a-la pokemon, a Yugioh story would only be shitty.  That being said, this game will have a story.  I'm just saying the online is going to be the thing to buy it for.
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@Shadow said:

" Despite the name, it's not card games on motorcycles. "

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT 

I will be buying this though, because I love me them card games without the physical cards. 

Hopefully they won't completely fuck over everyone who buys it by making mandatory DLC like Magic did. 

@Icemael said:
    " An online TCG is like an online tabletop game. 99% of the appeal just goes right out the window.But then again, I don't like online gaming in general -- I never even play games that were designed to be played online in the first place, like Battlefield, without having at least one of the other players with me in the flesh. "
    I would understand this if a TCG had some level of variability like an RPG, but card games are completely bound within their rule sets so I really don't see how it is that much different outside of the social experience of playing in a gaming environment or whatever. 

Also I don't want to buy hundreds of fucking cards just to play a game; I went down that dark, dark road in my youth and I don't plan on returning to it.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

The DS games have Wi-Fi ya know...

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RE_Player1

They lost me with the whole 5D stuff. Does that mean it has new rules? Back in my day you stared will 8000 life points, had 40-60 cards in your deck and a side deck if you wanted, and sacrificed monsters according to the number of stars on them. Did this 5D stuff change the whole battle mechanic? 

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " They lost me with the whole 5D stuff. Does that mean it has new rules? Back in my day you stared will 8000 life points, had 40-60 cards in your deck and a side deck if you wanted, and sacrificed monsters according to the number of stars on them. Did this 5D stuff change the whole battle mechanic?  "
    Same rules new cards.  They added synchronization but I don't know what that is.
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crono11
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @RE_Player92 said:
    " They lost me with the whole 5D stuff. Does that mean it has new rules? Back in my day you stared will 8000 life points, had 40-60 cards in your deck and a side deck if you wanted, and sacrificed monsters according to the number of stars on them. Did this 5D stuff change the whole battle mechanic?  "
    Same rules new cards.  They added synchronization but I don't know what that is. "
    It's pretty much fusion but you need a synchro monster instead of polymerization. 
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RE_Player1
    @crono11 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @RE_Player92 said:
    Same rules new cards.  They added synchronization but I don't know what that is. "
    It's pretty much fusion but you need a synchro monster instead of polymerization.  "
    See you guys already lost me. They changed it so you need a monster to fuse and there are new cards? What about my Dark Magician and Red Eyes Black Dragon???? The old game was so good why would they change it. Are the new cards and additions hard to grasp? 
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Crono11
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RE_Player1
    @crono11 said:
    " @RE_Player92:  If I can figure it out after not thinking about Yugioh for 4 years then you can too.  

It really is basically the same.  

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Synchro_Monsters To help unconfuzzle you.    "
    Thanks a lot. 

@Shadow: Any rumors of this hitting the PS3 or an equivalent? 
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shadow
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " @crono11 said:
    " @RE_Player92:  If I can figure it out after not thinking about Yugioh for 4 years then you can too.  

It really is basically the same.  

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Synchro_Monsters To help unconfuzzle you.    "
    Thanks a lot. 

@Shadow: Any rumors of this hitting the PS3 or an equivalent?  "
    No idea, but this is a system seller if I've ever seen one.  You should totally buy a 360 for this $10 downloadable title.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#33  Edited By Icemael
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " An online TCG is like an online tabletop game. 99% of the appeal just goes right out the window.But then again, I don't like online gaming in general -- I never even play games that were designed to be played online in the first place, like Battlefield, without having at least one of the other players with me in the flesh. "
    I would understand this if a TCG had some level of variability like an RPG, but card games are completely bound within their rule sets so I really don't see how it is that much different outside of the social experience of playing in a gaming environment or whatever.  Also I don't want to buy hundreds of fucking cards just to play a game; I went down that dark, dark road in my youth and I don't plan on returning to it. "
    I agree that the card-buying aspect is ridiculous, but playing in real-life is not just a matter of social experience -- it's also the feeling of drawing physical cards, holding them in your hand, laying them down et cetera. Video games can no more replicate that than they can replicate the feeling of racing with an actual car on an actual track, or shooting an actual gun at actual people (those are more extreme cases, but you get the idea).
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@Icemael said:
    " @LordXavierBritish said:
    " @Icemael said:
    I would understand this if a TCG had some level of variability like an RPG, but card games are completely bound within their rule sets so I really don't see how it is that much different outside of the social experience of playing in a gaming environment or whatever.  Also I don't want to buy hundreds of fucking cards just to play a game; I went down that dark, dark road in my youth and I don't plan on returning to it. "
    I agree that the card-buying aspect is ridiculous, but playing in real-life is not just a matter of social experience -- it's also the feeling of drawing physical cards, holding them in your hand, laying them down et cetera. Video games can no more replicate that than they can replicate the feeling of racing with an actual car on an actual track, or shooting an actual gun at actual people (those are more extreme cases, but you get the idea). "
    That's true, I'll agree that there is a certain atmosphere that can only be generated by physically participating in a game. 

For my purposes of simply wanting to play me some card games though, I think this will do well enough for now.
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By Video_Game_King

So does this mean that Kaiba can finally duel Marik? Can Yugi duel Yami? Can Bakura duel the other Bakura?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shadow
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @LordXavierBritish said:
    " @Icemael said:
    I agree that the card-buying aspect is ridiculous, but playing in real-life is not just a matter of social experience -- it's also the feeling of drawing physical cards, holding them in your hand, laying them down et cetera. Video games can no more replicate that than they can replicate the feeling of racing with an actual car on an actual track, or shooting an actual gun at actual people (those are more extreme cases, but you get the idea). "
    That's true, I'll agree that there is a certain atmosphere that can only be generated by physically participating in a game.  For my purposes of simply wanting to play me some card games though, I think this will do well enough for now. "
    You're also forgetting that being competitive in these card games requires spending upwards of $1000 to get a deck that's actually good.  I know that all said, I spent around that much on yugioh over the couple of years I played it.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RE_Player1

How much will this cost? 

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

#38  Edited By bobafettjm

I have to say I can't wait to get this game. I am in my late 20's now and I STILL love playing Yu-Gi-Oh.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shadow
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " How much will this cost?  "
    Konami's saying it will be 800 points
    bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

#40  Edited By bobafettjm

If it is 800 points that is an amazing deal. Even for 1200 or 1600 points it will be a must buy game for me.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zombie2011
    @Rockanomics said:
    " I had absolutely no idea people still cared about Yu Gi Oh "
    I had no idea people ever cared for YuGiOh.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JJOR64
    @Shadow said:
    " @RE_Player92 said:
    " How much will this cost?  "
    Konami's saying it will be 800 points "
    It you are right, I'm getting this sucker day one.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JJOR64
    @Shadow:   Hey, where did you read about the game being 800 points?
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RE_Player1

I know this might seem a little weird and sad but I might buy a 4gb 360 slim just for this game... who knew a YuGiOh game was a system seller? 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JJOR64
    @RE_Player92:   You might as well get a 250 GB system if you are going to buy an Xbox.  You will use up that 4 GBs really quick.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JJOR64
    @JJOR64 said:
    " @Shadow:   Hey, where did you read about the game being 800 points? "
    Never mind.  They confirmed it for 800 points on their Facebook page.  Totally getting this day one now.  Glad I didn't get Snoopy this week.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jadeskye

It's been many years since i last looked at Yu-Gi-Oh, i'm strangely tempted to get this.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JJOR64

The achievements for this game look easy, but time consuming.  Hopefully some of these will work offline and online like the million damage one and the 100 single/tag duels.

Become a Duelist10
    Play a single player game
    First to become a true Duelist10
    Win a Preliminary Tournament
    Become a Signer10
    Defeat Yusei
    Absolute King of the Turbo Duel10
    Defeat Jack
    You have talent!10
    Save an original Deck Recipe
    Create a friend!10
    Play a Tag Duel
    You became a tag Duelist!10
    Win a Tag Duel for the first time
    Becoming a special Duelist10
    Win and get a Rare Card
    Violent Duelist20
    Inflict at least 1 million total damage
    Lonely Duelist30
    100 wins in Single Mode
    Friendly Duelist30
    100 wins in Tag Duel
    Ultimate Duelist40
    200 wins in any mode
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Shadow
    @JJOR64 said:
    " The achievements for this game look easy, but time consuming.  Hopefully some of these will work offline and online like the million damage one and the 100 single/tag duels.

Become a Duelist10
    Play a single player game
    First to become a true Duelist10
    Win a Preliminary Tournament
    Become a Signer10
    Defeat Yusei
    Absolute King of the Turbo Duel10
    Defeat Jack
    You have talent!10
    Save an original Deck Recipe
    Create a friend!10
    Play a Tag Duel
    You became a tag Duelist!10
    Win a Tag Duel for the first time
    Becoming a special Duelist10
    Win and get a Rare Card
    Violent Duelist20
    Inflict at least 1 million total damage
    Lonely Duelist30
    100 wins in Single Mode
    Friendly Duelist30
    100 wins in Tag Duel
    Ultimate Duelist40
    200 wins in any mode
    "
    Assuming "any mode" counts online games, I'll probably have that Ultimate Duelist achievement within a week of getting the game.
    EVHKwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By EVHKwick

Pretty pumped for this title. Getting it day one. It'll be the first new game I've bought in months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.