Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories is a card battling game developed and published by Konami for the Game Boy Color platform.
The rules for Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories follow the real life card game counterpart (Although an outdated ruleset).
When the game is first started there are seven different options to choose from:
- Campaign - The campaign is the main mode of the game. The game consists of multiple stages, represented by locations from the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise.
- Construction - The construction section is where a player can go to construct a custom deck to use in battles.
- Versus - Versus mode is where two players can link their Game Boy Colors together to duel one another.
- Trade - Trade mode, like versus mode is used when two players link Game Boy Colors. Players can only trade cards if there is extra cards not being used in a deck available in the trunk.
- Records - The records section tells the player various stats collected from duels.
- Change Name - The change name area is where to go to change the name of the in game player.
- Password - The passwords in this game are used to instantly add cards to the players collection.