Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zangeki no Reginleiv

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 11, 2010

A hack 'n' slash game with a large focus on co-op set in a world based on Norse mythology. Lopping-off heads and hacking-off arms is highly recommended for survival.

Pointing without the sensor bar thanks to Motion Plus

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rallier

In this game Motion Plus does something that really amazed me. During the game i can put my hand in front of the wii remote without the pointer disappearing and i can still move it around. I suppose that when the visual contact between the wii remote and the sensor bar is interrupted the game just uses motion plus to move the pointer around and it works brilliantly.

This game really shows off what kind of practical use M+ offers even in IR pointer based games. I really hope that more dev will take notice of this and implement this in their games.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

That's very interesting to hear.  I wonder if the same holds true for when sunlight interferes with the IR reception.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

To be fair, this does not work for a longer period of time, because the sensor bar is used to re-calibrate the M+

What the game does is estimate the position of the cursor by your wrist movement (and doing a pretty amazing job at it) and correct itself smoothly (if necessary) whenever the sensor bar becomes visible again.

Red Steel 2 does the same.

I think it is amazing that even after june and the release of M+, lots of games were released that spazz out or lose functionality/comfort whenever the wiimote loses track of the sensor bar - like The Conduit, Reflex, or Shattered Memories - even though  the technology was there to prevent  it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.