Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zeno Clash

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 21, 2009

Zeno Clash is an action/fighting game set in a bizarre quasi-neolithic world. The game is played from a first-person perspective and the combat is generally up close and brutal.

So, anyone try this out yet?

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deathfury

So, I decided to play through Zeno Clash today, and I think it's great! Maybe a little short, but worthy of a replay. So what do you people think of it so far?

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By joshs

I'm digging it. The art is very well done and it takes advantage of every feature of the Source Engine and more.

causticspit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By causticspit

I have played it for about 3 hours in total and find the artistic part of the game very nicely done.  I like the story and the characters, but I find the combat a little sluggish...  I really like the source engine, but after seeing the games based on the Unreal III engine (Bioshock, Unreal Tournement 3, Mirror's Edge) I have to say that I find the Source stuff a little dated now.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE Steam/Valve and can't fault them creatively most of the time, but I think the source engine may lack some of the depth of texture richness of the Unreal 3 engine.  But so far, for me, the Crysis Engine is still the best I've seen....  Far Cry2's engine is also very nice, but when you look at what the textures COULD have looked like for Zeno Clash, I wonder if they might have enjoyed working with one of the other Graphics Engines more??

I still dig the game and the story...

:)

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By Forcen

I love the fighting mechanics. The AI is challenging enough, except when they get stuck behind things trying to get to you.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

How much is this game?

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By joshs
    causticspit said:
    "I really like the source engine, but after seeing the games based on the Unreal III engine (Bioshock, Unreal Tournement 3, Mirror's Edge) I have to say that I find the Source stuff a little dated now.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE Steam/Valve and can't fault them creatively most of the time, but I think the source engine may lack some of the depth of texture richness of the Unreal 3 engine."
    What? Most Unreal games look the same - it does that grey color really well. Then you have the problem of every game using it besides Epic developed titles having massive texture pop-in. There is a reason why I never moved to UE3 in my modding 'career'.

JJOR64 said:
    "How much is this game?"
    $20

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.