Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 16, 2012

The Nonary Game continues in this sequel to Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors under the localized title of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

Don't buy this game on 3DS

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know I'm a bit late here, but bear with me. I'm also positive that you all know about the glitch that corrupts your save, yadda yadda. However, it's claimed that it only happens in two puzzle rooms, and that simply isn't the case. I completed the puzzle in the pantry, and I saved the game shortly afterwards. I came back to it, and lo and behold, my save file is corrupted and won't load.

It makes me frustrated that EVEN KNOWING about the glitch and doing what I could to prevent it, I STILL got it regardless. Basically you're not safe anywhere in this game - no matter where you save, your file has a chance to become corrupted.

Do yourself a favor and get it for the Vita, or if you don't have a Vita like me, watch it on Youtube. The fact that a game can be released with such a game-breaking bug is fucking disgusting (they were apparently aware of it in Japan BEFORE they shipped it here, but they didn't do anything to stop it!), and as much as I liked 999, and as much as I was enjoying this game, I won't be buying another product from this developer again.

Note: I didn't want to create a new thread, but none of the others really seemed to cover this, so I made a new one.

Edit: On an unrelated note, I do want to mention that 3DS cartridges are very durable, since the game still worked after I threw it against a wall (after which i finally conceded and deleted the save file).

Also note: Throwing the cartridge does not fix the save game glitch.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

I think everyone that had interest in buying the game has already bought it regardless of platform.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Akyho

I already went down this hole when I wanted to buy it this time last year. I still have not bought it.

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked UK version for the 3ds had crippling bugs that needed a patch and even Cartridge reissue. That was earlier this year and still not bought it even tho its supposed to be fixed.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By afabs515

Yeah I ran into this glitch too. It fucking blew. Too bad they never patched it, but hopefully they'll get it right in the next game.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By mrcraggle

I always wanted to play 999 but it never actually came to Europe so I never got to play it but I did download it on the Vita as it came out as it was on PS+ a few of months back. I made sure to purchase it to my account even though at the time I didn't even have a Vita but just in case I did and now I do (or I should say my dad does but it has my account).

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it is a bit of a blemish on an otherwise, imo, perfect sequel. I committed to never turning off the system or the game during my playthrough and just putting it in sleep mode whenever I was done playing. If you're the sort who likes to play multiple games at once or wanted to play this on a plane I could see how this would be really annoying.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@random45:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the game. Good luck with your game purchases in the future.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.