Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 28, 2019

Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed is a fighting game set in the Zoids universe.

This Zoids game came out and it's a fighting game?!

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#1 FinalDasa  Moderator

If you're like me Zoids feels like a wonderful mech-animal fever dream from some point in your childhood. If you're not like me, Zoids looks like complete anime nonsense.

Not that long ago Zoids created some headlines thanks to some news about new figures, a new anime, and a new game. Announced only for the Switch, the new game would be based on the new show and be apart of one big push for the property.

Since then the anime has done alright, but the game sat in the background awaiting release. For people like me hoping the new game would reignite that old nostalgia for a CGI show about robot tigers fighting robot dinosaurs, it was a large spot on my radar.

And somehow Zoids Wild: King of Blast snuck out, in Japan only, and looks like a lackluster fighting game.

Without proper science there's no possible way to tell how good this game is or isn't. But a Pokken style fighting game isn't what my mind cooked up when the sweet words "Zoids video game" were whispered into the universe.

It's a shame this game is just this. I feel as though Zoids could easily reach higher and achieve success, but it seems the owner of the license either doesn't have the resources or doesn't agree with me.

What do you think? Does this game look fun? Would you want a port to the US? Do you miss Zoids as much as I do? Do you think about Zoids when you fall asleep at night? Do you say the name Zoids, out loud, in the grocery store, prompting several odd looks? Oh...yeah...me neither....

What would you want in your perfect Zoids game?

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Horizon Zero Dawn is basically a Zoids game. So just let me pilot the Thunderjaw in HZD 2 and we're all sorted.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By DocHaus

I maintain the only good Zoids thing was the Chaotic Century anime. Other than that I couldn't really care, and have resigned myself to the franchise being mostly for the yutes.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I haven't heard the word "Zoids" since middle school. I liked the one that was about some kind of war, but Cartoon Network seemed intent on rerunning the one about a tournament or something and stopped short of finishing the one I cared about.

Oh well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.