Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zombie Apocalypse

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 23, 2009

Shoot tons of un-dead enemies with two joysticks, and plenty of fire power, from an overhead perspective in this downloadable game from Konami.

Zombie Dual Stick Shooter?!

SystemSpecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SystemSpecter

I found this story on GiantBomb, and it caught my interests:

Konami bought the right to use Left 4 DeadCharacter Models for a dual stick Zombie Shooter, called Zombie Apocalypse.... how original

The Game Controls in the same manner as Geometry Wars did, left stick to move, right stick to shoot in the direction the stick was pointed at, simple action but tons of fun - its a 4 player local or online multiplayer system, were ... you shoot zombies!

The Aim of the game is to survive for 55 in game days, while racking up the highest score you can get, and to do so you must massacre zombies with a good arsenal of weapons including the standard issue pistol, assault rifle, shotgun, explosives, pretty much every weapon that was in Left 4 Dead, but also adding other fun weapons such as the chainsaw. As fun as shooting is, close combat with a chainsaw or other melee weapon will grant you higher points, and allow you to execute finisher moves - Finish Him! - but at the risk of being completely mauled by surrounding zombies. There are also environmental elements that you may use to dispose of a good mass of zombies, such as explosive barrels, this will keep the action fast paced and exiting.

To me this sounds like a good bit of fun, while keeping it simple and exiting - I'm looking forward to more of this game in the future, but in the meanwhile here are some pictures:

Original Post At Giant Bomb

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.