Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zombie

Concept »

Zombies, more accurately called the walking dead, are reanimated corpses who feed on the living, and have become a ubiquitous video game enemy. They often move slowly, but can be deadly in large numbers, which is unfortunately how they tend to travel. Shotgun time!

Halo 1, 2, 3 had Zombies?

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Matt_

Can someone explain why the Halo games are included in this.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Carlos1408

I think the flood are considered zombies...maybe... don't know.... but yea they invade dead bodies and it looks like they're living again. yep

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Matt_

I don't know. Maybe I'm too old fashioned when it comes to my zombies to count those.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

Because of everyone's favorite section of a Halo game: the Flood level! *insert sarcasm where desired* I believe you can count them, even if they are separate in name and true origin. Still, they are reanimated bodies so that is a zombie in essence.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By ZombiePie

Aw shit were going to have to re-start the age old "do the flood in Halo count as zombies" debate... They are a sentient alien race that is parasitic but not true zombies! Someone file a rebuttal, but I really don't care!

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Matt_

Romero would not approve.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZombiePie
    @RHCPfan24: BUT WE ALREADY HAVE A CONCEPT PAGE FOR THE FLOOD HERE! So one of these needs to go!
    Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
    ZombiePie said:
    "@RHCPfan24: BUT WE ALREADY HAVE A CONCEPT PAGE FOR THE FLOOD HERE! So one of these needs to go!"
    He does have a point. I wouldn't really consider them zombies anyways.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Pie
    ZombiePie said:
    "@RHCPfan24: BUT WE ALREADY HAVE A CONCEPT PAGE FOR THE FLOOD HERE! So one of these needs to go!"
    What you want to get rid of the zombie page?
    Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Matt_

The flood are parasites if I understand correctly. I don't believe they are the re-animated dead. Besides Zombies crave brains. Not once have I seen one of the flood go for brains.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZombiePie
    @Pie: No absolutely not! But the Flood either get their own concept page or they are zombies. I would never deny the legitimacy of my fellow brethren!
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Pie said:
    "ZombiePie said:
    What you want to get rid of the zombie page?"
    I think he only wants to get rid of the zombie link on the Halo games' page, which is fine. I really don't care about the details of my least favorite adversaries in video games released in the last decade, so I am not going to nitpick. It is an alien, whatever. Now, what about zombie cyborg? That is a discussion always worth having.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crunchUK

they are zombies

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Carlos1408

I always hated the flood levels, in halo 3 they were the only ones I couldn't pass on legendary, the last 2 levels.
    I wouldn't say the Flood are sentient though, only their gravemind thing was... they were living things that turn you into zombies, they're parasites.
    If you think about it, in most zombie scenarios it's a virus that turns you into a zombie, well a virus is technically a living thing, a parasite...so wouldn't the beings possesed by flood be zombies?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RHCPfan24
    crunchUK said:
    "they are zombies"
    Then it is settled.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pie

Cant the flood page be linked to the zombie page and the halo page linked to the flood page then?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZombiePie
    @RHCPfan24: See cyborg zombies are another good example of why things should be absolute. If a game featured a cyborg zombie, then with the same logic as the current situation with the Flood, I would be able to add a game that features a Cyborg Zombie on the cyborg page and the zombie page! This could lead to some people exploiting the site for wiki points.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RHCPfan24
    ZombiePie said:
    "@RHCPfan24: See cyborg zombies are another good example of why things should be absolute. If a game featured a cyborg zombie, then with the same logic as the current situation with the Flood, I would be able to add a game that features a Cyborg Zombie on the cyborg page and the zombie page! This could lead to some people exploiting the site for wiki points."
    Well I was being sarcastic and mentioning the long-mentioned discussion on the Bombcast, so I am not really opening a new discussion platform. And some people find many ways to exploit the points system. This is just one method.
    Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Matt_

Well my argument had nothing to do with the wiki system. I just wanted some clarity on why I'm looking through the games with zombies in them and Halo showed up. That was about it.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Matt_ said:

Well my argument had nothing to do with the wiki system. I just wanted some clarity on why I'm looking through the games with zombies in them and Halo showed up. That was about it.

Yeah, I don't want to get sidetracked either. Nonetheless, it is debatable (crunch says something, ZombiePie something else), but I don't really care because I just hate the Flood. Like I said, they are among the worst enemies I have ever played in video games.
    Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Matt_
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "Matt_ said:

Yeah, I don't want to get sidetracked either. Nonetheless, it is debatable (crunch says something, ZombiePie something else), but I don't really care because I just hate the Flood. Like I said, they are among the worst enemies I have ever played in video games."

I agree with your sentiments about the flood. I always hated the flood levels. Maybe, I'm biased then. Oh well.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pie
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "Matt_ said:

Yeah, I don't want to get sidetracked either. Nonetheless, it is debatable (crunch says something, ZombiePie something else), but I don't really care because I just hate the Flood. Like I said, they are among the worst enemies I have ever played in video games."
    WHAT? Im not messing round RHCPPfan24. I thought they were some of the funnest enemies to fight in gaming.
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZombiePie
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "Matt_ said:

When I first encountered the Flood in the first Halo the game just felt like a bad FPS Resident Evil game for me. With monotonous levels that were easy to get lost in and enemies that were just plain cheap it was just didn't hold up when compared to previous levels.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Snail
    ZombiePie said:
    THE PLOT THICKENS AS WE AWAIT THE COMING OF A MOD.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#25  Edited By the8bitNacho
    Matt_ said:
    "

Romero would not approve.

"

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By OmegaPirate

theres zombie levels on the mythic maps -that im certain of

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, I think the Flood qualifies as being zombies.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By fr0br0

I think the zombie concept should be deleted from the Halo page and added to the Flood page. So everybody is happy.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I mean look at this this is not where you post about the halo ''Zombies''.Post it in the Halo forum or something,wait,theres a FLOOD FORUM?!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.