Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zombie

Concept »

Zombies, more accurately called the walking dead, are reanimated corpses who feed on the living, and have become a ubiquitous video game enemy. They often move slowly, but can be deadly in large numbers, which is unfortunately how they tend to travel. Shotgun time!

Real Zombie Surival

Terrents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Terrents

I'm sure there are plenty of topic on here about a zombie MMO. and sense zombies are getting so populer why the hell haven't we seen a zombie survial mmo? I'd like to see it with not so much about fighting zombies and more about survial to be honest. where you have to get supplies for food and some how make a baracade to sleep in. and maybe you could develop something like a clan and create a tribe of sorts with other players where you live in a building. develop reletionships, and some how create petty drama in gameplay to the point of muteny.  I think in the end all i want to see is a real survial horror game where you have to find supplies and recources to live. im not sure how much fun this would be for gameplay but fallout new vagas took a wack at it with hardcore mode and i found it very easy to keep my character healthy. i really want to have the moment where im stranded in a bunkered down building with only a few shots in my shot gun and I'm trying to live of crackers and old stale coke. am i just a crazy person? or would a more realistic survial game just be stupid for a video game?

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Kyreo
    @Terrents said:
    "

I'm sure there are plenty of topic on here about a zombie MMO. and sense zombies are getting so populer why the hell haven't we seen a zombie survial mmo? I'd like to see it with not so much about fighting zombies and more about survial to be honest. where you have to get supplies for food and some how make a baracade to sleep in. and maybe you could develop something like a clan and create a tribe of sorts with other players where you live in a building. develop reletionships, and some how create petty drama in gameplay to the point of muteny.  I think in the end all i want to see is a real survial horror game where you have to find supplies and recources to live. im not sure how much fun this would be for gameplay but fallout new vagas took a wack at it with hardcore mode and i found it very easy to keep my character healthy. i really want to have the moment where im stranded in a bunkered down building with only a few shots in my shot gun and I'm trying to live of crackers and old stale coke. am i just a crazy person? or would a more realistic survial game just be stupid for a video game?

"
    This game will never be made my friend....  regardless of how hard others like us may long for it.
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zithe

I've heard there's a company called Undead Labs working on something similar. You might want to look into it.

Edit: Their game might be more action-based though. I don't think very much information is known about it.

Terrents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Terrents

I could easly see this being made for like a indie source game or what ever. i'd pay money to play it in a heart beat. if its good i'd even pay a monthly fee 

EDIT: also if the walking dead really gets popular enough maybe it will show people that people really want a game like this? eh what am i saying they will just make a stupid zombie shooter off the show XP
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zithe

I literally know almost nothing about the game, but you can find the forums here if you are more interested than I am:

http://www.mmozed.com/

Terrents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Terrents
    @Zithe said:
    "I literally know almost nothing about the game, but you can find the forums here if you are more interested than I am:

http://www.mmozed.com/ "

yeah this isn't really want im looking for. still seems like something i would pick up of course. but i wont get my hopes up till i see screen shots
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SteamPunkJin
    Terrents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Terrents
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By owl_of_minerva
    @Terrents:  Dead State will be about survival. Yeah, there will be combat with zombies and other survivors, but your primary goal is to save people and look after them. You might want to look into the game more.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Raymayne
    @Terrents said:
    both of those seem cool. but like i said im exhausted    of running back and shooting zombies. i want to see a game more about survial :/ "
    You have to shoot zombies to survive...
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

The problem is when you start your design with concepts like these it often leads to failure. This zombie MMO is a nice idea but until it has some solid gameplay design backing it it's not going to be a good game. As for why there isn't one now I guess it's sort of the WoW mentality of game design kicking in; fantasy MMOs are proven to rake in the most money so more fantasy MMOs get made in hopes of achieving something near the lofty profits of those existing fantasy titles. Personally with the way the zombie craze has been going I'm not sure I could play a zombie MMO for fear of more zombie saturation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.