Zombies Monsters Robots borrows a lot of game play mechanics and concept from Gears of War, from the active reload to the cover system. The game uses a rental system for weapons (although the basic starter weapon is more than enough), cosmetic armor, and equipment with small boosts (such as decreased volume for footsteps). As well as copying the game play mechanics of Gears of War, a map or two is also taken from other games, most notably Hot Dam, which is an "expanded" version of Gridlock from Gears of War with a few added and changed areas.
(Current) Game modes
- Eliminate the other team in an 8v8 TDM. The first to reach the kill count wins!
- You only have 1 life per round, so make it count!
King of the Hill
- Control the capture zone, kill the enemy, and get points.
- Fight head to head against 15 other players and reach for the top score!
- Survive wave after wave of AI with 4 teammates. (Horde mode)
Kill Every Thing
- Clean the area of the zombie threat while surviving. (Call of Duty Zombies)
- Advance area to area and finish the mission! Beware of the boss. (Mission/Campaign)
Kill Every Thing 2
- Clean the area of the zombie threat while surviving. (Different map)
Game Modes Coming Soon
Mercs vs. Monsters
On May 29, 2014 the game had entered a closed beta phase.