Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bethesda Softworks

Company »

Bethesda Softworks is an American publisher responsible for franchises like The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, and more. Previously a part of Zenimax Media, Bethesda was purchased by Microsoft in September 2020.

Anybody else bummed that Fallout 4 is coming to last gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Liam_Flannery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Liam_Flannery

So according to the fellows doing the digging on the fallout teaser site, its coming to current and last gen consoles. This set off alarm bells for me, for me I feel that it coming out on 360 and PS3 limits how much complex systems they can implement. Witcher 3 for example, could in no way run on old consoles due to the shear scale of it. I just feel there is a glass roof on how grandios fallout could be now. Just my 2 cents

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything I've seen has indicated it will not come to last gen...

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could go the route that Ubisoft went with Assassins Creed and release an old gen game and a current gen game (Rogue/Unity). It just leaked that it's coming to PC/PS4/XONE with nobody reporting old gen as well. Maybe just wait it out 30 minutes and we'll see where it's going to end up and why there was mention of the old consoles on the site (could be legacy code, could be trolling, could be anything).

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope. Not really. Even if one of the two gets confirmed, I'm still really excited because it's Fallout Fucking 4, or at least it will be when JoshNZ gets around to modding it.

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was only announced for current gen consoles.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@liam_flannery: The scale of Witcher 3 is on pair with Skyrim so its no problem for old consoles.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

It might limit physics simulation and that sort of surface level stuff that can easily be cut from last gen version. True complexity of the game has very little to do with hardware.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rethla said:

@liam_flannery: The scale of Witcher 3 is on pair with Skyrim so its no problem for old consoles.

Absolutely, it's not at all like watching a powerpoint presentation at certain points on ps4/xbone.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guanophobic: If you are looking for a well optimised and good looking game what are you doing in a Bethesda thread?

Takahashiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems as though characters and movement still runs on janky fallout 3/skyrim engine. The environments look great, but I hoped for an engine overhaul for characters and shooter gameplay. Hopefully e3 will prove me wrong.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#12 riostarwind  Moderator

Eh it isn't the end of the world if it is on both. Sure it might be a bit more expansive if it was only on current gen but if it turns out to be a good game I don't mind.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

It might limit physics simulation and that sort of surface level stuff that can easily be cut from last gen version. True complexity of the game has very little to do with hardware.

QFT @rethla ; @liam_flannery

@rethla said:

Absolutely, it's not at all like watching a powerpoint presentation at certain points on ps4/xbone.

lol that's an amazing impression of a childish forum post duder!

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By handlas

@guanophobic said:

@rethla said:

Is that a joke though? I'm playing on Xone and have been really impressed with how well the Witcher 3 runs. Especially after games like AC Unity which were just garbage.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#15 chaser324  Moderator

Locking this down. From what Bethesda has said so far, the game is only coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.