Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Danganronpa

Franchise »

Danganronpa is a franchise with three installments so far, as well as manga, novels and an anime. The games combine a visual novel storyline with murder mystery detective work and courtroom segments based on rhythm games.

Danganronpa Another Episode coming West this year

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bsstephan

NIS America announced today that the adventure game spinoff of the Danganronpa series is coming to the West in the fall, under the name Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls. Wedged in between the stories of the first and second games, it has characters and plotlines related to the stories of both games, and, of course, everyone's favorite murderous bear.

The thumbnail is a bit spoilery if you haven't played the first game, so if you're interested, here's the first trailer. Edit: also the trailer has huge DR1 spoilers, so be careful.

I adored the first two Dragongrandpas, and am all about getting more of the series. Despair!

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wonder if Nisa's going to censor the "rape" minigame

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The trailer is super spoilery for the first game.

The gameplay seems really bad so I hope there's enough story to make it worth playing.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@corevi: based on people in Japan who played it, I get the impression that the gameplay is decent at what it is, and the story continues to deliver on crazy. A lot of people get tricked into thinking it's a rails shooter, but it is more free roam and open than that.

And yeah, I neglected to mention that the trailer and premise for the game have some huge Danganronpa 1 spoilers, so people sensitive to that should definitely maintain a policy of avoidance (as is customary for DR).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.