The Expanse: Leviathan Falls. A series ends. (SPOILERS)

CyrusRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just finished up Leviathan Fall and besides my inclination of being melancholy about finishing a series I liked quite a lot I liked it quite a bit. Jumping around the perspectives of the main crew (besides Amos wich is an interesting decision in it's own right seeing as he's changed) was a nice touch. The idea of humanity becoming a hive mind was an interesting idea and I was kind of down with Duartes plan untill it became clear that he (or the Protomolocule working through him) was setting himself up to be in control of the hive. Plus it was never guaranteed that even that would be enough to stop the gate entities. The return of "Miller" was fun as he was always one of my favorite characters. And with that the revelation that the Protomolocule masters built the ring space to siphon energy from a parallel universe and it caused (continue to cause?) the gate entities pain or something akin to pain and was just a basic intrusion on there world and that's why they were pissed was an interesting revelation. Wich of course lead to Jim making the difficult choice to destroy the ring space ( we don't have any good choices left just a whole bunch of a little less bad) isolating everyone to there own individual star systems but stopping the threat by just taking away the thing that they were pissed about (also maybe the thing that allowed them to encroach on our reality to begin with) was a decent way to wrap it all up. The only thing I'm going back and forth on about is whether it would have been better ending it on Naomi saying "The stars are still there." "We'll find our own way back to them." Instead of on the epilogue don't get me wrong Amos is great (and immortal now? Along with Cara and Xan too I guess) but I don't know if I needed that epilogue. Anyway that's some of my thoughts and interpretations. Great series and a decent ending (endings are hard ok). So what say you? Did you like it or did it leave you disappointed?