• 64 results
Orbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Orbi

Is people treating the site like it's Gamespot 2.0. Just because it's run by basically the same people that made you love the site, doesn't mean this is the site. They don't share many similarities and I'm sure the Team don't appreciate the 'comparisons'.

Just saying, is all. You can continue if you want, I'll just be out helping out the wiki pages when I can.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Guiltyspark

you cant blame the gamespot populous running from that fascist place

just look at casey wegner

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jax

How is anyone treating this as GS 2.0? In fact there are many threads which disprove any similarities between the two websites. This is a COMPLETELY different website.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
deactivated-5b4a512bb9699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with you, I really don't want to see this turned into GS 2 the main reason I came here is to get away from all the stupidity

Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Locke

It's already earned the title Gamespot 2.0 over at Gamespot. It just doesn't have the Retards (Yet). Right now we're just posting for fun. (getting our post counts up :P)

+1
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Feanor

Really? This place seems to act just like any other video game forum I have seen.

stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By stAtic

I don't see this site as GS 2.0.. It's Giant Bomb, damn it!

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By xplodedd
Joe said:
"I agree with you, I really don't want to see this turned into GS 2 the main reason I came here is to get away from all the stupidity"
I am failing to see your point, this is a game forum. there are many, the people who are here are about half from the GS population, as so am I. you don't own this place, you cant prevent people from coming here. WTF?
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Termite

This is NOT GS 2.0

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAA!

*Dies*

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By Atlas

I think we will all know when and if the average GameSpotters become a majority on this website i.e. it will become shit fanboy wars.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jax

The issues with GS:

Mods (Abuse power, never bite their tongue, always lock posts) - a forum isn't school, and it's not work - they treat foruming like it's a professional job/sport. Lay off and fucking relax. I come on the internet to get away from the rules and bullshit of everyday life. I don't need some 14 year old kid telling me what is wrong and what is right according to his fucked up views.

This is Giant Bomb. We have Giant fucking Bombs, and we will fucking bomb all of the other sites with our bad ass content.

This place has the potential to be laid back and professional - while still offering something for everyone.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jax

This is GIANT FUCKING BOMB BABY.

farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By farmer

I'm hoping the current community will hold together and try to discourage the average system wars yobbery from taking hold.

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LouChou
Farmer said:
"I'm hoping the current community will hold together and try to discourage the average system wars yobbery from taking hold.
"
I think there's a few people here who share that hope, and so far (some how) this place has avoided any kind of flaming session.
Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I never used Gamespot. I went there once after signing up for GameFaqs a while ago and didn't like it. What an ugly website. Then my friend told me of the Giant Bomb and the whole Gamespot 'incident' or whatever. I thought it was total BS and went and downloaded the first podcasts. I stayed up til five listening to the first like, three or four podcasts, and playing Brawl. I laughed so hard that night....

Anyway, Gamespot, has always sucked in my eyes, mainly because of the ugly looking site. Don't compare it to GB, this is in a league of it's own.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xplodedd
LouChou said:
"Farmer said:
"I'm hoping the current community will hold together and try to discourage the average system wars yobbery from taking hold.
"
I think there's a few people here who share that hope, and so far (some how) this place has avoided any kind of flaming session.
"
its because the people here aren't assholes, and they want this place to stay.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It is run by former gamespot editors. It is populated by former (and current) gamespot members. It is a games site like gamespot. I can see why people are calling it gamespot. Although I'd rather call it wikigamespot.

farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By farmer
LouChou said:
"Farmer said:
"
"
Early days D:
DaveDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DaveDog

^true that

farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By farmer
MattyFTM said:
"It is run by former gamespot editors. It is populated by former (and current) gamespot members. It is a games site like gamespot. I can see why people are calling it gamespot. Although I'd rather call it wikigamespot.
"
Wikigamespot... I like it.
LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LouChou

Well, I'd like to think these early days lay down the groundwork that the attitude of this place is built on.

People are fickle, of that there's no doubt, but fingers crossed the majority can learn to tame their egos in favour of a decent environment.

nezze00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By nezze00

I don't really care what it's compared to (the team probably does so stop), but I just really like the site. It's really fresh and clean, like a brand new car.

Kounterfit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kounterfit

I don't view giantbomb as GS 2.0. Gamespot isn't what it used to be

Avatar image for microwavedapple
microwavedapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By microwavedapple

Why would GB staff not appreciate the comparisons to GS? GameSpot is an extremely succesful site. You know you've got a good site when it's being compared to GameSpot.

Grim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Grim

Never been a part of or seen the gamespot community - doesn't sound like a great place anyway.
But so far the Giant Bomb community is shaping up to be quite reasonable, people are getting along well.

HomoPocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HomoPocket
MattyFTM said:
"It is run by former gamespot editors. It is populated by former (and current) gamespot members. It is a games site like gamespot. I can see why people are calling it gamespot. Although I'd rather call it wikigamespot.
"

Or you can call it, WikiSpot :D

MrBrightside91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrBrightside91
Grim said:
"Never been a part of or seen the gamespot community - doesn't sound like a great place anyway.
But so far the Giant Bomb community is shaping up to be quite reasonable, people are getting along well.
"
This... I have a GS account but never used it. So I'm treating this place as GiantBomb 1.0 not GS 2.0
claysol13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By claysol13

This is already dominating everything GS has to offer, it's smoother better looking and does not fluff shit up.  Kudos.   Welcome back people taht left Gs for this awesome site.

General

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By General

Yea I think we should all drop the gs talk and start out fresh.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Guiltyspark

Gamespot is garbage and so is most of the people migrating from there

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Aaron_G

I would have to say they are completely different sites and not even in the same league together, because GiantBomb is MUCH better.

Avatar image for mercury_may2112
mercury_may2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mercury_may2112

I kind of like the layout of the gamespot forums but hopefully I'll learn to like. But I'm enjoying to so far.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MisterSpiffy

I was a part of the Gamespot community for several years, but it just isn't the same anymore.  I have high hopes for this site, and it looks so sleek!

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#34  Edited By JackiJinx

Giant Bomb is run by people all former employees of GameSpot, so naturally there would be comparisons between the two sites. I do feel that there are similarities, but not strong enough to say that this is a second GameSpot. This isn't just another gaming website; it's user tailored to make the users only go into what they find interesting.

CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CaseyW
"The issues with GS:

Mods (Abuse power, never bite their tongue, always lock posts) - a forum isn't school, and it's not work - they treat foruming like it's a professional job/sport. Lay off and fucking relax. I come on the internet to get away from the rules and bullshit of everyday life. I don't need some 14 year old kid telling me what is wrong and what is right according to his fucked up views."

and some people want to go to a forum and not have to worry about people flaming them and acting like jackasses. =/
Dissolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dissolve

I never had a GS account but rather ran from the abysmal IGN boards to here. I love it here.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Systech

I hope that our community doesn't end up like a bunch of GS hating pricks like it's already made to be.

CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CaseyW

the n4g forums are even worse.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By efrucht

Those people are just whining. If OT gets spammed with religion threads, then it might just be GS 2.0...

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Cube
efrucht said:
"Those people are just whining. If OT gets spammed with religion threads, then it might just be GS 2.0...
"
Yeah. I come here for intelligent discussion on games and whatever the forum topic is. Not religion.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By crunchUK

i'm from gamespot... RAAAAWR :P

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By crunchUK
CaseyW said:
""The issues with GS:

Mods (Abuse power, never bite their tongue, always lock posts) - a forum isn't school, and it's not work - they treat foruming like it's a professional job/sport. Lay off and fucking relax. I come on the internet to get away from the rules and bullshit of everyday life. I don't need some 14 year old kid telling me what is wrong and what is right according to his fucked up views."

and some people want to go to a forum and not have to worry about people flaming them and acting like jackasses. =/
"
instead gamespot operates on a "fear the rules" and "surprise ur banned after years of being a good poster MUAHAHAHAHA"b policy :(
LuffyUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LuffyUzumaki

gb rules

CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CaseyW

surprise! you're banned? nobody should be surprised about getting banned. you need many pages of mod history before something like that happens.

jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jlaudio7

Giant Bomb is on another level than GS. To compare Giant Bomb to GS is an insult.

CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CaseyW

and what makes you think i'm lying? the "one shot" ban is only for extreme cases. other than that, it takes a long time for a user like that to be banned. gamespot is far more lenient than many other gaming forums out there.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Player1
Jax said:
"How is anyone treating this as GS 2.0? In fact there are many threads which disprove any similarities between the two websites. This is a COMPLETELY different website.
"
I agree. I think its the opposite of gamespot. Maybe site your examples. On how people are treating it like gamespot? Because your not making a very convincing point
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48  Edited By xruntime

I think Gamespot is being too extreme. The censorship of even the slightest insults is ridiculous.

Whenever a person crosses the line, however, the community is mature enough to keep them in check.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Thunder

I dont see how this is GS 2.0

DJ_LaFleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DJ_LaFleur
We are STILL talking about GS?  can we let it go?  Both sites are different, and are organized and their layouts.

I go to and enjoy this ite and GS.  I've never had many issues with GS.