Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Free PS Plus Games for March Announced/Released

• 71 results
    conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@humanity said:

I'm surprised Killzone hasn't been a PS Plus game yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly clamoring to play ShadowFall here, or any Killzone game for that matter, but it seems like the perfect fit and it has been over a year now.

I bet Sony are extremely reluctant to start adding retail-priced PS4 games to Plus, because once you set that precedent it's hard to go back. I think the only one they've done so far is Injustice, and that's a last-gen port.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@humanity said:

I'm surprised Killzone hasn't been a PS Plus game yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly clamoring to play ShadowFall here, or any Killzone game for that matter, but it seems like the perfect fit and it has been over a year now.

I bet Sony are extremely reluctant to start adding retail-priced PS4 games to Plus, because once you set that precedent it's hard to go back. I think the only one they've done so far is Injustice, and that's a last-gen port.

I think everyone knows that there aren't that many full retail releases out, but they can start throwing a bone once a year or so. Killzone is fairly old and really cheap, even on PSN.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I haven't played Abe's Odyssey since... I don't know, 1998? I was playing it with a fellow 10 year old I went to school with, and the game blew our weird little minds.

I'll go ahead and reserve my copy now, actually.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, another month where I already own the games I'm interested in. I haven't downloaded any of the PS+ games the last three months.

Maybe I have to stop buying everything I want to play.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had the time to play these games. I've had PS+ since Qore died and I rarely play any of these games.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to stop buying newish vita/ps4 games.

Wasn't Freedom Wars already on ps+? Paid full price for that 'un.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

To everyone talking about having already bought a majority of the games you wanted to play, I feel your pain. Hotline Miami 2 comes out next week and I want to play it really badly, but in the back of my mind there's the thought that it will certainly come to PS plus at some point. God damnit

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Wacomole

After seeing the CounterSpy Quick Look I was about to buy it, but for some reason didn't pull the trigger and it then fell off my radar while work took over.
    I'm really enjoying the game now and it may well end up being one of those games that stays on my PS4's list permanently.

I was not so blown away with OlliOlli2, though. The whole "pressing the key to land a trick" killed it for me. I can't see me going back to that one very often especially when other less frustrating games exist.

Also, I was surprised to find that Valiant Hearts was not a turn-based RPG. I think I'd been mixing it up with Valkiria Chronicles all this time.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@humanity said:

Spent some time with Counterspy, not really impressed, don't think I'll really go back to it.

Spent some more time with OlliOlli2 and while I'm starting to beat the rhythm of trick transitions to landing into muscle memory I do still feel like a lot of the times I just don't grind when I should and fall to my death.

I bought Killzone as it was on sale, I couldn't even make it past the prologue..... So I think these 4 games are all better by default so don't test fate by even suggesting Killzone.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Teddie

Don't know if this is all regions, but it looks like Hotline Miami (1) is free for PS+ in the ANZ store, but not as part of the regular monthly lineup. PS4 version included.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Wacomole

@teddie: That's probably just putting it into line with other regions as we in the EU got that one last year sometime, and with the sequel coming out imminently and all that.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By RonGalaxy

@teddie said:

Don't know if this is all regions, but it looks like Hotline Miami (1) is free for PS+ in the ANZ store, but not as part of the regular monthly lineup. PS4 version included.

Is that Australia (ANZ, meaning Australia and New Zealand)? If I were to guess, that's most likely due to the fact that Hotline Miami 2 has, effectively, been banned in Australia (the ratings board wouldn't even give it the 18+ rating). And since it comes out next week, maybe Devolver/Dennaton didn't want to leave Aussie gamers out by giving them the first game for free.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@rorie: I highly recommend getting all of Olli Olli 1 out of your system before you move onto 2, or at least finish all the regular levels to see them. They added manuals into 2 which is such a dramatic game changer for the series, comparable to when Tony Hawk Pro Skater added in reverts.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Olli Olli 2 is basically "Kaizo" Tony Hawk, imagine if every time you fell over in Tony Hawk you died instantly. So in that respect it fails miserably as a skateboarding game. However it seems to be a perfectly competent endless runner if that's your thing. It was fun doing all the moves but I'm sure virtually no one uses 75% of them.

Loading Video...

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Good line up this month. I had already bought only one of the games this time. It does make me go, "aww, rats," when games I already own are given away. Then I wonder how much the developers are paid when they're included. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get fully compensated, so I don't feel bad supporting developers if it was a game I was already interested in.

j_unit2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lawgamer said:

Valiant Hearts seems way too depressing for me and I'm not really into skateboarding games, so I'll probably skip OlliOlli2 as well.

I was expecting Valiant Hearts to be a real downer too, but I figured I'd try it out after hearing the guys talk about it during GOTY deliberations. I've played a couple hours so far, and it feels a bit lighter in tone than I anticipated. I think the art style helps a lot (which by the way is super gorgeous). I'd recommend giving it a shot if you have time.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Pumped to play Valiant Hearts and Counter Spy.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: I'm in the same boat. I didn't play the first Hotline Miami until it came to PS Plus and I loved it so much that I vowed that I would pay for the sequel. Even though I'm sure it will be free at some point I want those duders to have my money.

In addition I'm looking forward to playing Valiant Hearts on PS4. I had tried it on iOS and the control scheme just didn't jive with me.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: It's a mix of Thrasher Skate and Destroy (you had to time your landings in that), Skate (trick system) and Tony Hawk (combo, high score, crazy lines). It's an absolutely great skating game. Like those as well, you do use most of the tricks if you want to get high scores because they're worth more. And it's not an endless runner at all because well, it ends.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@jesus_phish: I believe endless runner means you never stop running but I could be wrong, either way the game plays very similar to Bit.Trip Runner fundamentally and if you're not just about perfect on the later (later meaning like 30% of the way into the game) levels you just die instantly; even if you're not trying to do tricks. Also random nonsensical spike traps for no reason other than irritability.

Having played a fair amount of Helldivers and OlliOlli 2 it becomes incredibly obvious which one has bad difficulty design and which one has good difficulty design, even though Helldivers is much more difficult fundamentally.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.