Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Feb 02, 2024

Rocksteady Studios returns to the DC Universe with Suicide Squad.

Suicide Squad Gets Another Delay; Now Set For February 2024 Release Date

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#1 ZombiePie  Staff

It seems like it was just yesterday when Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League was set to release this year on May 26, but that has since changed. Rocksteady Studios Ltd announced that they would be delaying the beleaguered game to February 2024. The game was initially set to release in 2022, but work from home development did not go according to plan and it was moved to May 26, 2023. Then the game's State of Play exhibition happened and the reception of what was shown of the game was so anemic that it was decided to move the game's release to later in 2023. With the announcement that the game's release will be moved to 2024, that makes three delays to hit the game in total, though I might be forgetting one.

When you consider the game was first announced in 2010, teased at the end of Batman: Arkham Origins in 2013, and formally announced in 2020; you have to imagine that something, probably more than once, has gone wrong during the game's development.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

What launches first, this, Skull and Bones, or Final Fantasy VII Part Deux?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3 chaser324  Moderator

@sparky_buzzsaw: The FF7 Rebirth release window of "Winter 2023" seems plausible enough that I'll go with that, but I could easily see "Winter 2023" becoming March 2024 or something along those lines.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I had no idea it was announced as far back as 2010. That's terrifying.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Given the backlash, I seriously don't think the game is ever coming out. When February 2024 gets close, the game with either get delayed again, or Rocksteady will let the cat out the bag and reveal they decided to shelf it and work on something else. They can't change the foundation of what they were trying to do in time for it to matter. Of course, they could just release it with no type of fanfare and be done with it as well, with no kind of support.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6 chaser324  Moderator

@av_gamer: I don't think they realistically have the option of not releasing it after how much time and money has been put into it. Shelving this game would probably be tantamount to completely closing the studio.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've got to get a return on investment. I can't imagine Rocksteady has bottomless, 3D Realms pockets.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Warner management is willing to lay off wave after wave of their own devs until the project comes together.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThePanzini  Online

Did the negative reaction extend beyond gaming media/circles? cause I'm not sure it did.

Before the delay was official Schreier said the game was pushed back to get out of a crowded window, if it was the reaction why wouldn't insiders say?

Suicide Squad reminds me of Ghost Recon Wildlands poorly received in gaming didn't review particularly well but sold like hot cakes, as long as it plays alright open-world co-op shooters always seem to do well. I'm sure Suicide Squad isn't all shooting giant purple balls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.